Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

That has to be one of the few remaining glimpses of the skyline from the interstate loop on the south side. Thanks for the photo. I can never even glance that way as I drive that stretch of highway-drivers do some crazy lane shifting through there!

Plus, that angle skyline view of this very shot will soon be covered up by the apartment complex, rising in the foreground of that picture. I think that development won't be super tall (maybe 5-6 stories if I recall) but still will cover the skyline view at that point.

Nashville is ever building, ever becoming more dense! Love it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

Has that transmission tower always been that tall? Or is that just an optical illusion as to the way this picture was taken? Because looking at that next to the buildings that’s WAY taller than anything, but the FAA has nothing to say about planes flying over it. 

That's the WSMV-TV transmitter (among other TV and FM stations); it is 1,370 feet in height at a ground level of 680 feet. It's also five miles away from downtown and the 13/31 flightpath.

• Like 3

On 9/1/2023 at 10:00 AM, PruneTracy said:

That's the WSMV-TV transmitter (among other TV and FM stations); it is 1,370 feet in height at a ground level of 680 feet. It's also five miles away from downtown and the 13/31 flightpath.

Can anyone tell me why WSM gave up their 3 letters for WSMV? Will mention too that downtown Houston has a 1002 footer, 75 story tower at the max height, because of a flight path to Hobby. Finished in '82. Unless the FAA revises standards Austin is slated to have the tallest in Texas for decades, a project now u/c.

4 minutes ago, dragonfly said:

Can anyone tell me why WSM gave up their 3 letters for WSMV? Will mention too that downtown Houston has a 1002 footer, 75 story tower at the max height, because of a flight path to Hobby. Finished in '82. Unless the FAA revises standards Austin is slated to have the tallest in Texas for decades, a project now u/c.

Ownership change caused the need to add a V to WSM for the television station.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1