Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

11 hours ago, markhollin said:

TBT: Berry Field Terminal, 1962.

Berry Field Terminal, 1962.jpg

Ive never seen a good picture of this building after it was added on to.  before the terminal was moved to the current location across the field.  I know it had a significant addition at some point not long after this picture.  it was much larger for the movie "Nashville" for instance.    anyone have one?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Here are some photos from a Tennessean slideshow of airport pics. These range from late 50s to early/mid 80s

5277FF72-3D1E-4976-85FF-B84EB2CC6FFA.jpeg

I think this picture is of the airport right after American made BNA a hub in the 80s.  That small cluster of jets in the center of the picture is where there used to be an observation patio, if I remember correctly, but was replaced with some temporary gates for AA while the new terminal was built across the field.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

Food for thought.

F2B6EC37-8222-46A0-AC39-CBD618FE4A1C.png

I can remember the first time I visited Dubai in 1993 while on deployment with the Navy. Driving from Jebel Ali where the carrier was pierside into Dubai was quite the boring drive,  It looked exactly like the top photo. My last visit was back in 2008 and I was blown away to say the least. That lone highway through the desert was surrounded by skyscrapers on both sides like in the bottom photo. It’s amazing how much a place can change in 15 years. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1