Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

Did Jacksonville's TopGolf start construction before? 

I think what happened is that CSX held up the whole process for a while on the land purchase because it was something to the amount of the rail tracks that were on the property. Then on top of that. With the enormous amount of construction going on there. The permits were coming in at a snails pace. TopGolf Nashville was originally suppose to open Fall of 2016.

1 hour ago, TNinVB said:

Wait until the huge poles that hold the nets rise. They are rather imposing. 

I've said this in another thread but I'm surprised they don't position these to allow multi-story developments (apartments, offices, etc.) around the perimeter. It would help hide the netting and on the spectrum of urban vistas from low-rise apartments a TopGolf range can't be the worst. Maybe the noise is, every time I see a TopGolf I imagine the sounds from a Skee-Ball machine.

^^I agree with most others who say it doesn't seem like it's going to appear that much taller than Pinnacle.  I really think they're about to pour their last floor...then the roof...then those fins.  Will be interesting to see if we can get some finished shots from an appropriate angle to see if the above render comes to fruition...or if Bridgestone miscalculated their height.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Nashtitans said:

417 ft vs 460 ft....I know it's not done yet but they only got 1 more floor left and it's still shorter

I mean...I'm not sure what you were expecting to see.  42 feet isn't a very significant height difference.  It'll basically just be the fins on top that put it over Pinnacle, so when all is said and done, from some angles it might not appear to be taller.

• Like 4