Project Thread/New Construction/Photo du jour/Const. CAMs

smeagolsfree

2 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I'd be happy with a "Men's Wearhouse" replacing the "car recycling plant" next to Nissan Stadium.... lol

...or an empty field, or adult book store, or the world's largest pawn shop/check cashing store... I'd rather see just about anything there than what sits there right now.  Even a different type of industry would be preferable...at least if there were smoke stacks or something it'd provide some type of visual interest to the cityscape.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Is there any chance of there ever being eminent domain used on that land?  I would figure Icahn would fight it pretty hard.

The city ultimately can end up paying the market rate for something force-relinquished with eminently domain, just as what occurred with the city when it acquired some of the Tower Investments properties.  Invoking eminent domain highly likely would lead to litigation becoming tied up in court for a protracted period, possibly for years.

Ultimately, there probably could be promotion of community conversation concerning the re-purposing of that property, but even any pivotally definitive results on that still hopefully would be determined by how much taxpayers are willing to pay for PSC, as opposed to the “seemingly “outright, hard-line tactical approach during the previous administration, in preparation for the MCC.  Then related to the statutes of E-D are the encumbered issues of where and how to move PSC, as they are a special kind of market business.

In comparison, while the circumstances might appear totally different, and arguably so, I would wager that the CSX would win unequivocally, if not decisively, any attempt to acquire Radnor Yard by eminent domain, though this is not to say that this would be attempted.  It would be a hard case to be made, in convincing courts that the city or the region would need Radnor to implement its comprehensive transit proposals.

Just saying that, although PSC and Radnor might seem like apples and oranges, eminent domain definitely would not be that silver bullet, and it would have a big chance of ricocheting and biting you in the ass.

• Like 4