Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

The south LRT line here in Charlotte is still under construction, but they have a small section open for dynamic testing on the vehicles. They were doing testing at 55mph today when I was driving by so I jumped out and made my first attempts at "panning". None came out how I would like but these two were decent. (anyone have any good panning shots?)

4-4-07

76666330.jpg

76666329.jpg

Those are neat, it looks like it's still and you're moving.

^Yes, indeed! Great photos from everyone! :thumbsup:

Thought I'd post a few of my Washington D.C. pictures from last summer, back in my point and shoot days:

347921538_a9c0c456b1.jpg

347921125_325429772b.jpg

348042489_db0616f997.jpg

348043978_438c904111.jpg

I'm a huge D.C. fan, and never turn down an opportunity to visit. If I ever find myself with enough money, I could definately see myself living there one day.

^Yes, indeed! Great photos from everyone! :thumbsup:

Thought I'd post a few of my Washington D.C. pictures from last summer, back in my point and shoot days:

347921538_a9c0c456b1.jpg

347921125_325429772b.jpg

348042489_db0616f997.jpg

348043978_438c904111.jpg

I'm a huge D.C. fan, and never turn down an opportunity to visit. If I ever find myself with enough money, I could definately see myself living there one day.

You'd consider leaving The Big Easy for DC? Nate... you're so... different. :D

You'd consider leaving The Big Easy for DC? Nate... you're so... different. :D

Haha, yea, I guess you could say that. :lol:

There are only a few American cities apart from New Orleans that have impressed me enough for me to consider living there, and D.C. is one of them. My idea of a good city(apart from economics, crime, and education) is one with culture, history, street life, night life, well funded, planned, and managed mass transit, a dense urban core, and plenty of good dining options; and D.C. fits that bill much like New Orleans, and one of my new favorites, Chicago!

I've always told myself that if I ever do leave New Orleans, it will be for a city that's "really" unique and packed with its own culture. Not for a boomtown in which population and size are the only things differentiating the center of the city from the distant suburbs.

I'll try to contribute a little to this thread. Here are some shots from the triangle area that I took last week. Im not a good photographer, but I thought these came out somewhat decent.

Downtown Raleigh from the top of NC State's Library

hpim1185cy5.jpg

The next two were taken at the American Tabacco Historic District in good ol' Durham

hpim1227zt8.jpg

hpim1229fs6.jpg

Great photos, both of you! Reminding me of why I need to spend more time in the Carolinas! :thumbsup:

Beautiful skyline shots! I'll be headed down there next week with a class to do some rebuilding. I can't wait to see the city.

Thanks! Where will you be in the city? Or is your group going to be moving around? Wherever you go, you'll be seeing some sad stuff, shocking stuff if you haven't been here since Katrina. But, the city is coming back, and at a higher rate of speed than ever right now.