Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

These photos were all shot around the RiverPlace development, which is currently under construction in the West End of downtown Greenville. I did not provide all the best angles or include all of the nice features of the development (the multi-level interactive fountain, the riverwalk, the courtyard, the plazas, etc.), but these will at least give a glimpse into the place I love to call home. One other note: I shot these after midnight on a couple different occasions to avoid the crowds. Enjoy! :hi:

WestEndNight2007_o1b.jpg

WestEnd2007_01.jpg

WestEndNight2007_02.jpg

RiverPlaceBW_01.jpg

RiverPlaceBW_03b.jpg

RiverPlaceBW_02.jpg

This one is from a different part of downtown (East Broad Street). This is an awesome wine shoppe and cafe:

NorthamptonWinesBW_01.jpg

I haven't been around here in a while so I have some catching up to do!!!

But for now... Skyliner... I wanted to commend you. That's an awesome shot! Looks like you added some cool post-processing effects, which is something I'm very fond of.

Thank you, SBCmetroguy! I developed a cool filter technique in Photoshop to produce a classic "film noir" appearance using ordinary photos. Some are better than others, but I like how dark and nostalgic they feel. Since you brought up post-processing as something you are fond of, here is one I produced a few days ago using one of the photos I posted previously in this thread:

RiverPlaceBW_03db.jpg

Thank you, SBCmetroguy! I developed a cool filter technique in Photoshop to produce a classic "film noir" appearance using ordinary photos. Some are better than others, but I like how dark and nostalgic they feel. Since you brought up post-processing as something you are fond of, here is one I produced a few days ago using one of the photos I posted previously in this thread:

RiverPlaceBW_03db.jpg

Wow! :D

Here are a few additions to my recent collection of black & white (classic "film noir") photos from downtown Greenville. These were shot late last year.

This is part of the riverwalk along both the Reedy River (to the left), and the new RiverPlace development, currently under construction:

RiverPlaceBW_04b.jpg

This row of art studios is known as Art Crossing at RiverPlace. The tenants include a wide variety of artists in numerous mediums. The instant popularity of the addition has prompted City officials and the developers to plan further art studios along the river as the project continues to grow:

RiverPlaceNightBW_02.jpg

Here is a quaint little restaurant perfectly situated across Camperdown Way from RiverPlace in the West End. This is 'Oysters on the West End.'

OystersOnTheWestEndBW_01.jpg

This is a photo that was shot from the top of the multi-level interactive fountain at RiverPlace in the West End. The main subjects in the photo are the Dow Amphitheatre and Peace Concert Hall, both part of the world-class Peace Center for the Performing Arts. This view is looking across the Reedy River, standing next to the Hampton Inn & Suites at RiverPlace.

PeaceCenterBW_01b.jpg

Here is part of the downtown skyline as seen from the Suntrust parking lot. The Peacock Hotel & Spa, a 14-story 5 star hotel with luxury condominiums ($1-2 Million each), is under construction to the right of the old cigar factory (currently called Kent Court) that you see in the center of this shot.

DowntownNightBW_03.jpg

This is the Poinsett Plaza Office Building, currently the home of The South Financial Group and Carolina First Bank.

PoinsettPlazaBW_01.jpg

Edited by Skyliner

I looked through the previous pages of this thread and, man, I'm impressed. There's some great stuff on here. :thumbsup:

A couple more from downtown Montgomery, AL:

Office of the Alabama Historical Commission

Historic_Comm.jpg

A fellow Mac fan...

Type_iMac.jpg

Edited by Southron

The south LRT line here in Charlotte is still under construction, but they have a small section open for dynamic testing on the vehicles. They were doing testing at 55mph today when I was driving by so I jumped out and made my first attempts at "panning". None came out how I would like but these two were decent. (anyone have any good panning shots?)

4-4-07

76666330.jpg

76666329.jpg