Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

I was referring to the large building behind the Wyche Pavillion which, I assume, is the relatively new PCPA.

Thanks for info on the Wyche as well as the web site.

Sorry, that was my mistake. The building you were inquiring about is Peace Concert Hall, which is the largest of the Peace Center for the Performing Arts' indoor venues, as you assumed. It is really a World-class place, with very high quality accoustics. As you may have noticed, we are very proud of this particular cultural center, which is one of several in the city. :hi:

Nice pix, SBCmetroguy.

What is the building in the 3rd one from the top with fire escapes? I think it is also in shot

#5?

I just remembered this post, Burt. I found out a few days ago that this building you asked about was built as a Sears store. At 5 stories, it was the largest Sears store in Shreveport for years. Our current largest Sears store is 3 stories, which is still a very large store. I tend to prefer that one... they have everything!

Hre's the building again:

379880760_02a31a51fc_b.jpg

Thanks, SBC. I would have sworn it was a theatre.

\

Wonder why they bricked up the windows?

No idea. Maybe someone is using it as a warehouse now? They really ruined it. Looks like Sears invested some serious money into that store back in downtown's hayday. Afterall you're right, it looks like a theater! No modern-day Sears store is that fancy.

I am so excited that I have more to add from downtown Greenville:

LibertyClock_01b.jpg

RiverStreetBrdg_01.jpg

Below is the first building in the RiverPlace development. In the bottom three levels you see High Cotton Maverick Bar & Grill, Greenville's latest fine dining experience. I applied special filter technique using Photoshop to achieve the "film noir" look you see.

RiverPlaceNightBW_01.jpg

RiverStreetDowntown_01.jpg

Below is a photo from last October during the annual Fall For Greenville festival:

MainStreetFall2006_01.jpg

Haha, thanks. I actually was pretty shocked at how they came out..that little screen on the camera can be quite deceiving. I have a Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S40, and honestly I didn't think the camera was capable of catching such detail. I'll have to experiment more with its settings tomorrow :silly: