Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Like I said over in the Louisiana forum, awesome shot, Brian!

Here's one of my photos from New Orleans with my new Nikon D40, it was one of my first attempts at getting a good depth of field shot in an urban enviornment, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

dsc0335borderhs1.jpg

Like I said over in the Louisiana forum, awesome shot, Brian!

Here's one of my photos from New Orleans with my new Nikon D40, it was one of my first attempts at getting a good depth of field shot in an urban enviornment, and I'm pretty happy with the results.

dsc0335borderhs1.jpg

And like I said over in the Louisiana forum (lol), great shot from you as well!! :D

It's weird, though, how you're straight on with youe subject yet St. Louis Cathedral appears crooked. Still, it's a great perspective and just the right amount of depth of field.

I actually think the whole photo is a bit crooked, but I was so close to the gate, that you really couldn't notice it until you started looking at the Saint Louis Cathedral. I kind of liked the way everything looked, and just decided to leave it.

I actually think the whole photo is a bit crooked, but I was so close to the gate, that you really couldn't notice it until you started looking at the Saint Louis Cathedral. I kind of liked the way everything looked, and just decided to leave it.

Oh okay, I see. Weird. Well, it's a cool shot, and the slant gives it an interesting look.

I dig it! :shades:

Great shots guys!

Just a couple from Richmond as usual :)

Home of the Richmond Ballet, formerly an old warehouse of some sort:

Richmond12-30-2006009.jpg

This parking lot, currently for Federal Reserve of Richmond (building on right) employees has a big future. Soon, ground will break on a new 1000 car parking deck. This deck will free up the rest of the lot for Meadwestvaco's new corporate headquarters, with future plans including another office tower, hotel, 2 residential towers, and retail/entertainment.

Richmond12-30-2006039.jpg