Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Here is my southern photo of the day.

Another of Charlotte. I took this when we were there in September of 2006.

100_2926.jpg

Here is another since I have not posted in awhile.

This was taken going up I-77 in southwestern Virginia. This is looking back southeastward into North Carolina. Its beautiful through here. The elevation drops off rapidly.

100_2994.jpg

You bet. Here is another for today....

These were taken in Dollywood park (in Pigeon Forge, TN) in summer of 2006..... Most here may have been to Dollywood, as it is a popular theme park in the southeast, bur just incase no one has been here are a few of 60 photos I took on this trip..... This is a large area. Lastly, a photo I took on the freeway heading down there.....

100_1716.jpg

100_1709.jpg

100_1739.jpg

100_1690.jpg

100_1649.jpg

100_1650.jpg

Edited by Tennesseestorm

Below are a few photos from around Greenville's beautiful downtown at night:

The well-advertised and highly-acclaimed Liberty Bridge:

LibertyBridgeFallsParkNight.jpg

A view from the Liberty Bridge, with Reedy River Falls in the foreground:

LibertyBrdgFallsPark_01.jpg

Court Square, with the historic Westin Poinsett Hotel in the background:

WestinPoinsettNight_01.jpg

Poinsett Plaza office tower:

PoinsettPlazaNight_01.jpg

RiverPlace, phase I, with Hampton Inn & Suites directly across the pedestrian bridge:

RiverPlaceNight_01-1.jpg

^New Orleans has a great skyline. I could see it going towards New Orleans down I-10 across Lake Pontchartrain. :)

Some lovers under the Liberty Bridge taking advantage of the unseasonably warm January weather at Falls Park on the Reedy River in Downtown Greenville, South Carolina:

348698398_8825760029.jpg

For more information about this photo, CLICK HERE.

That's an awesome bridge! :thumbsup:

Awsome shots from everybody! NCB, the river photo in New Orleans is incredible. Charlotte's Bank of America is my favorite skyscraper in the South. And Krazeeboi, I'm glad to see the pic of Trustus in Columbia. Wish I knew how to post a rendering of Richmond CenterStage that appears to have finally gotten approval, as well as shots of Firehouse Theatre, The Empire, the Landmark and the National now undergoing restoration. Richmond is quite a theatre town. And Wrldcoupe, your pix give a perspective of Richmond seldom seen. Thanx to all.

Edited by burt

You bet. Here are a few more of that lot. I think these are the last that are worth posting.....

This was taken outside of Charlotte Motor Speedway:

100_2931.jpg

This was taken going back north out of Charlotte: I think it was on I-77 north. I forget the name of this lake, but it was huge. Hard to get a good photo when driving 75 mph on the freeway. :)

100_2986.jpg

Another of downtown Charlotte:

100_2928.jpg

A young Southern Live Oak in southwest Charlotte- only 5 miles from the SC state line:

100_2906.jpg

On HWY 52, in South Carolina, just southeast of Charlotte:

100_2899.jpg

BTW- Nice bridge. I would like to drive across that. I bet the view there is amazing.

Nice photos, Tennesseestorm! Keep 'em coming!

Here's a shot of the Crescent City Connection over the Mississippi River in New Orleans:

DSC_0699border.jpg

Edited by Tennesseestorm

Again, nothing grand, but here is another photo in the downtown Bristol area that I took in late April, close to where the new "super" bridge is going in... This is Ft. Shelby Tower on E. 5th St. In fact, I think the spot where I took the 2nd photo is right where the new bridge is being built. It is high, because it is going over the railroads.

100_0312.jpg

100_0304.jpg

Edited by Tennesseestorm

Not sure if I posted this..... this is the sign on State St. in downtown Bristol TN-VA. One side of the sign is in TN and the other in VA. Here is looking up the street, down the road from the sign.... I think I may have posted these, but they were on the Tennessee forums. Another of the downtown skyline... not much, but nevertheless, its a skyline. :P

100_2000.jpg

100_1960.jpg

100_2007.jpg