Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Here is another shot of a storefront in the West End Historic District of downtown Greenville. This is the Christopher Park Gallery:

WestEndNight_10.jpg

Another great shot from Greenville, Skyliner! I sware, every time I see photos from Greenville, whether they're posted by you, RestedTraveler, or anyone else, I'm that much more enticed to go there. Greenville really just appeals to me. :D

Another great shot from Greenville, Skyliner! I sware, every time I see photos from Greenville, whether they're posted by you, RestedTraveler, or anyone else, I'm that much more enticed to go there. Greenville really just appeals to me. :D

It IS an awesome photo, and did you see where he put his "Skyliner Photography" lettering on that one? Awesome! :D

I sure am enjoying this site. Didn't know it existed until Tommy mentioned it in the Richmond in Pictures thread.

Great, informative pictures of places I've never visited like Shreveport, Greenville, Rock Hill, Columbia, Baton Rouge and even Rogers, Arkansas!

Thanks guys. And keep posting. Manwhile I'm glad we have Tommy and Wrldcoupe4 to keep everyone up to date on Richmond.

Great photos everyone!

I know you all have seen numerous shots of Main Street Station, but this time, I decided to go inside :)

images snipped

Wow, Tommy, VERY impressive train station! The inside shots remind me a lot of the inside of teh Scottish Rite Temple here. Unfortunately I never got to experience our Union Station before it burned down, or our Central Station before it was trashed and turned into a nightclub/home. :(

GORGEOUS shots, man!!

Rockets Over the Red 2006, Shreveport-Bossier riverfront. This is undoubtedly one of the biggest, most impressive fireworks shows anywhere. It easily rivals anything Dallas or Houston could throw out. I have a collection of photos from tonight's event (click here to see them all) but below are a few examples of what I captured tonight:

306349367_3bed308916_b.jpg

306342546_f07a99ee99_b.jpg

As you can see in this photo, thousands of people flock to this fireworks show. See all these people? This is only one small portion of the crowd. There were people lined up and down both the Shreveport AND Bossier riverfronts...

306342537_1250851842_b.jpg

Nice old-school shots, guys!! :D

My contribution for today:

Shreveport-Bossier has been a major hub for movie-making recently.

Over JUST the last year, the following stars have filmed movies in Shreveport-Bossier: Ashton Kutcher, Demi Moore, Kevin Costner, Jimmy Fallon, Sandra Bullock, Meg Ryan, Antonio Banderas, Julianna Margulies, Ray Liotta, David Arquette, Selma Blair, Guy Pearce, Sienna Miller, John Goodman, Eddie Griffin, Jennifer Tilly, Morgan Fairchild, Jake Busey, Colin Hanks, and so on.

More movies are currently being made in Shreveport-Bossier and in the pre-production stages, including Blonde Ambition starring Jessica Simpson, and The Cleaner starring Samuel L. Jackson.

This year has been Shreveport-Bossier's time to shine and I couldn't be more proud of my twin cities!

Movie crews started to set up today in downtown Shreveport for Jessica Simpson's movie, Blonde Ambition, which will start filming tomorrow. This film will also star Rachael Leigh Cook, Andy Dick, Penelope Ann Miller, and Willie Nelson.

These photos are not mine. They belong to AMWRanes on Flickr...

308059248_1863290b21_o.jpg

308059245_174d8e237b_o.jpg

Edited by SBCmetroguy