Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Pictures of the Saluda Dam Remediation Project can be found here. It appeared as though it was quite an undertaking.

Considering how many delays there have been, I'm not suprised :)

The Liberty Bridge in Greenville is a one of a kind bridge. You won't see anything like it anywhere else in the world. It is really a great project, and it offers a great view of the falls and the city.

Pictures of the Saluda Dam Remediation Project can be found here. It appeared as though it was quite an undertaking.

Hmmm... That's... interesting. :huh:

They certanly weren't choosing based on beauty or drama, obviously. I would have given that particular award to the Ravenel Bridge anyday over this dam. It just isn't appealing in any way to me. Someone should post a photo here instead of linking to another site. Maybe I'd change my mind about it then. :P

That's a nice pic of Columbia

Can someone verify this or explain :rolleyes: . What's that fountain suppose to be if anything? I've always thought that it looked like a submarine surfacing. You know and the water if rolling off it. But I figured it wasnt...

I don't think I really understand the question--I mean, it's a fountain. :huh:

Hey all! Im in Charleston as we speak, staying at the beautiful Wild Dunes Resort on Isle of the Palms. Ive taken over 100 picture on the first day :yahoo: Look up for them next Friday on the main photos forum and some in the Charleston forum. Wish you all were here :lol: Ill check in later tonight if I get a chance when we come back from downtown.

PS- Awesome photos guys :thumbsup:

Hey all! Im in Charleston as we speak, staying at the beautiful Wild Dunes Resort on Isle of the Palms. Ive taken over 100 picture on the first day :yahoo: Look up for them next Friday on the main photos forum and some in the Charleston forum. Wish you all were here :lol: Ill check in later tonight if I get a chance when we come back from downtown.

PS- Awesome photos guys :thumbsup:

Wow....that's a lot of pictures! I look forward to seeing them.

Here are three photos from an "Above Dallas" thread on SSP by KCGridlock

Dallas from Las Colinas (Irving)

IMG_6881_sized.jpg

Dallas from Addison

IMG_6629.JPG

Up close

IMG_6687.JPG

Above Dallas

Above Houston

You know, when you see those views from the highrises in the suburbs, you quickly realize just how many skylines Dallas has as well. Amazing.

I remember staying up pretty high in Addison a few years back and being able to see the Dallas downtown skyline off in the distance. Not only was that impressive, but so were the views in every direction. I absolutely love cities like that.

Little trees enhance height...you know sort of like trimming one's pubic hair...

When I was last in Dallas the smallness of the trees made me so jealous. Granted Dallas has hundreds of more buildings than Richmond but where I was working at the time (in Richmond) was a cluster of office buildings in the 6 to 8 floors range and even the 8 floor buildings were barley visible above the tree line ( trees in these parts grow up to about 125 feet tall). The same photo with that size tree would look very different...still huge but different. I remember thinking about how visible just about every building there was. It is cool. Seeing distance is a very different experience. You don

Edited by Brent

Little trees enhance height...you know sort of like trimming one's pubic hair...

When I was last in Dallas the smallness of the trees made me so jealous. Granted Dallas has hundreds of more buildings than Richmond but where I was working at the time (in Richmond) was a cluster of office buildings in the 6 to 8 floors range and even the 8 floor buildings were barley visible above the tree line ( trees in these parts grow up to about 125 feet tall). The same photo with that size tree would look very different...still huge but different. I remember thinking about how visible just about every building there was. It is cool. Seeing distance is a very different experience. You don

Edited by A2

Here is a great example of a shot taken from high up where CLT's towers seem to rise behind a canopy of trees. This is such a wonderful example since the shot is taken from the Independance Blvd Corridor (which is dense with a few towers of its own and layer upon layer of development). However it is not visible at first glance due to the awesome covering effect the Oaks have.

Catsbswy.jpg

Edited by A2

That's one great thing about Greenville's Main Street: the canopy of trees make for a pretty awesome setting. And during this time of year, it provides great shade.

This is one of RestedTraveler's pictures:

Mainstgvl.jpg

This is during the annual Fall for Greenville festival downtown:

Fallgvl.jpg

Edited by krazeeboi