Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

Here are a couple of my photos from New Orleans.

A row of buildings (mostly hotels) along Camp Street, near where the French Quarter and Downtown districts meet. The building off to the left of center with the off-white down and red brick up is the International House Hotel where I stayed last March. The night before I arrived, the band Slipknot had just stayed there and the room I was staying in was one of their rooms. It was supposed to be a non-smoking room, but obviously the rules didn't apply to those guys (yuck.) The hotel was very nice, though!

161397659.jpg

The intersection of Camp and Common Streets, just down the block from the hotel I stayed in. Check out that awesome density... it's almost like looking down through a tunnel. That building to the left of center in this photo, with the antique clock attached, is the Whitney National Bank headquarters if my memory serves me correct.

161397702.jpg

Edited by SBCmetroguy

Fantastic shots from New Orleans, Brian! A great view of both the great architecture and density that New Orleans offers, and I like to fog too.

Though those pictures are from where the French Quarter and Downtown start to converge, but I know you knew that. ;)

Fantastic shots from New Orleans, Brian! A great view of both the great architecture and density that New Orleans offers, and I like to fog too.

Though those pictures are from where the French Quarter and Downtown start to converge, but I know you knew that. ;)

My mistake. The Garden District is quite a ways from there. I don't even know why I was thinking those two areas merged. But yes, that's where the French Quarter and downtown merge... I found that out the hard way when I had to walk all the way to the Hibernia headquarters downtown.

Thanks for the save, Nate. I actually knew that, if I had any of my information wrong, you'd be able to fix it for me. :D

The beautiful crown of Bank of America Corporate Center in Charlotte:

IMG_5926border.jpg

BTW, look for a photo thread with some pictures from around Charlotte soon! :thumbsup:

That's awesome, Nate. I still want to experience Charlotte firsthand. Little did I know, if I'd gotten in sooner, I could be taking a work-related trip to Charlotte soon. These corporate contests never interest me, though, since I'm not in sales, and I never really read up on them. This time, I missed out. :(

Another crystal-clear photo, and that setting is awesome. I love the cylindrical glass atrium on the building to the right. The grounds are pretty as well. Very nice shot.

Definately. Another great shot RestedTraveler! You do a great job of representing any city you're in! :thumbsup:

Awesome shots, Coupe and Rus!

Along Kings Street in Charleston, SC (Look for a seperate thread soon :D )

DSC02112.jpg

Wow. That's really all I can say, because I never expected that from Charleston. Nothing against Charleston, but since I haven't been there, I never knew to expect a scene like that.

Wow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Wow. That's really all I can say, because I never expected that from Charleston. Nothing against Charleston, but since I haven't been there, I never knew to expect a scene like that.

Wow! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

DT Charleston is very dense. To me, esp. from that photo, Charleston reminds me of a European City more than most other cities I've been to.