Southern Photos of the Day

TBurban

I have to admit that I was somewhat surprised at how green Uptown Charlotte is. My impression of Charlotte has been skewed by my past visits which, up until this past week, have primarily been on the interstates and in outlying parts of town. There is much litter and clutter in those parts. Uptown Charlotte is very nice. It's very similar to Downtown Greenville in that the streets are tree-lined and there are people walking around everywhere and lots of bus and trolley activity (at least at 4:00pm on a Thursday Afternoon). I'm definitely going back uptown again the next time I go over to Lake Wylie to visit my family.

Here is a view of Tryon Street, just south of Trade Street in Uptown Charlotte:

173244908_55c47cc593_b.jpg

Compare this scene with my earler photo of Main Street in Downtown Greenville posted above by krazeboi.

Edited by RestedTraveler

I know this isn't what you're talking about here, but I love those orange and blue street signs. Champaign, IL, would kill for those street signs. :D

:lol:

Those are actually purple signs with yellow/gold writing, green, blue, purple, and gold are a common color theme in all signage in Downtown Greenville. Green represents the trees. Blue represents the river. Purple represents the mountians, I believe. Gold represents the sun.

:lol:

Those are actually purple signs with yellow/gold writing, green, blue, purple, and gold are a common color theme in all signage in Downtown Greenville. Green represents the trees. Blue represents the river. Purple represents the mountians, I believe. Gold represents the sun.

On that note, then, Baton Rouge would kill for those street signs! :) Thanks for clarifying that, RT. Hope you're having fun down in Disney Town, Florida. :)

Edited by SBCmetroguy

I have to admit that I was somewhat surprised at how green Uptown Charlotte is. My impression of Charlotte has been skewed by my past visits which, up until this past week, have primarily been on the interstates and in outlying parts of town. There is much litter and clutter in those parts. Uptown Charlotte is very nice.

Now how could you do such a thing when you know many people do that with Greenville as well? :huh::P

Much "Props" to the moto-cross shot rusthebus! One of the best pics I've seen. How high is he ?

Interesting post# 244 by restedtraveler with all the sculpture symbols; I'm trying to figure what's the symbol for the two women walking together with their arms around each other at the intersection ?

no props for my pic of the motorcross guy jumping in DT Norfolk? Must be just for Greenville and Charlotte.

Honestly, I didn't even see that shot, but now that I see it included in the quoted reply above, I have to say that it's a great shot! Props to you, russthebuss! :thumbsup:

Interesting post# 244 by restedtraveler with all the sculpture symbols; I'm trying to figure what's the symbol for the two women walking together with their arms around each other at the intersection ?

I had to take another look to verify this, but their arms aren't around each other...they're simply walking side-by-side with shopping bags in arms. :P

Here is a shot of downtown Fort Worth by KCGridlock, my favorite helicopter pilot/photographer.

An interesting story, the white and blue tower in the center is not new, but was heavily damaged by a tornado several years ago and went through an extensive restoration/repair and is now condominiums.

IMG_6944_sized.jpg

Here is the thread:

Above Fort Worth

I am not from Memphis, Tn but it is one of my favorite cities because we always have mad fun here. I found some pretty nice pics on the net...

image11.jpg

i40-11.jpg

MEM26.jpg

03.jpg

peabody_5.jpg

Isaac Hayes' is very nice and soulful..Love to see the old schoolers out on the floor doing the Electric Slide// :lol:

pyramid_memphis.jpg

I recommend sun shades while driving toward the Pyramid on a sunny day :shades:

64387699_cfce339629.jpg

One of the more powerful museums.. Civil Rights Museum, where Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was murdered; You can still see bloodstains..

I love this city!!!!

Edited by AmandaHugginkiss

I am not from Memphis, Tn but it is one of my favorite cities because we always have mad fun here. I found some pretty nice pics on the net...

MEM26.jpg

I didn't realize Memphis had a tram that cool. I love that, the way it suspends off the bottom of that bridge. I had a similar vision for my own city so this is right up my alley.