Charlotte Center City Streetcar Network

Sabaidee

On 3/24/2016 at 5:51 PM, kermit said:

^ I understand how you feel, I also want the streetcar to happen now. However, I am pretty confident that everyone here posts sharable information as soon as they have it. Doing a rain dance aint gonna make it rain.

I think you are 100% correct. There are no attaboys being passed out when someone else beats you to the punch.

2 hours ago, UPNoDa said:

FWIW, took this pic yesterday around 3:45pm. The street car appears to be empty so where are all the riders?

I guess CPCC had no scheduled classes on Good Friday but I have never really seen this streetcar "packed" with riders.

IMG_20160323_141131717.jpg

CP is a major driver of ridership. I have definitely been crammed into it standing only in the middle of a weekday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

Does anyone have a construction timeline of Phase 2?  When would they be ripping up the Square, Trademark, JW/Church area, etc?

Construction planned to begin in October of 2016 but utility replacement/relocation should start sometime before

45 minutes ago, alb1no panther said:

What about the number of trolleys?  As it stands, only two ever run at a time.  The new streetcar helps, but the wait times are still horrible.

SURELY when phase 2 is open it will justify higher frequency.

I've waited, and waited, then walked from CP to epicenter and STILL beat the next car. Frequency is abysmal. But right now it's also not really a bona fide transit option.

Edited by SgtCampsalot

13 hours ago, tozmervo said:

During the day it should be every 15 minutes (leaving each end on the 15's)

Yeah . . . it does run every 15 minutes . . . in theory.  Honestly, though, this isn't a University campus.  And 15 minute increments just don't cut it.  Hopefully fully incorporating this into the street system prompts the powers that be to put more cars on the track.

2 hours ago, southslider said:

^Each line leaves their respective starting points on the quarters of the hour, making for very easy schedules to remember.

As for reliability, the real-time app will overcome that concern with the Gold Line. At that point (still hearing this year), the schedule becomes moot. 

Are they incorporating this into the cars on the part that's already built?  Also, is the app meant to track the current location of the car so you can time your travel?

On 4/7/2016 at 6:03 PM, alb1no panther said:

What about the number of trolleys?  As it stands, only two ever run at a time.  The new streetcar helps, but the wait times are still horrible.

There will have to be more streetcars on the length of the route in order to maintain a 15 minute service. The current old-fashioned vehicles were only meant to be temporary until phase 2 purchased the modern vehicles.