Charlotte Center City Streetcar Network

Sabaidee

Given our street cars don't appear to be in dedicated lanes, is there any advantage that the street cars currently under construction in Charlotte have over electric buses/vehicles?  Are they just a type of electric vehicle constantly connected to the source of power without needing to peel off the route for some recharging yard or power station?

23 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

^^ I parked facing a Houston Metro train today and I can say they have about 7  minute frequencies and this was mid morning. 

Notice the concrete rumple bumps not sure what they call them to keep cars off the tracks at this point. 

IMG_6017.JPG

IMG_6026.JPG

IMG_6027.JPG

Those rumple bumps ain't gonna stop my F-450 from going into the passing lane my friends, yee-haw! /s

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Yeahdoug said:

Def seen gold line cars on the light rail. 

They are also now aggressively ticketing and towing people that park on the tracks. Hopefully in preparation for testing. It was like an episode of parking wars watching people get tickets on Sunday from my porch 

Who in their right mind would think it wise to park on tracks....

4 hours ago, Yeahdoug said:

Def seen gold line cars on the light rail. 

They are also now aggressively ticketing and towing people that park on the tracks. Hopefully in preparation for testing. It was like an episode of parking wars watching people get tickets on Sunday from my porch 

I wish that show was back on it was great.  I love the Philly episodes the best. 

• Like 3

I hope the replica trollies can now do something like the Lakewood Trolley concept.   Those replica streetcars have been really awesome pilot programs to kickstart a new line.   

I love the tram / modern streetcars!   So excited to see them on Trade St.  

• Like 4

20 hours ago, dubone said:

I hope the replica trollies can now do something like the Lakewood Trolley concept.   Those replica streetcars have been really awesome pilot programs to kickstart a new line.   

That P&N line between Savona and Cedar St. is even worse shape than it was 4 years ago when Lakewood really gained traction. At this point I would be willing to bet is completely off the table.

I thought these were sold to a city in Virginia?