ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you're right on the name.

Also, Tijuana Flats is now open in Thornton Park.

I've eaten at TF twice this week for lunch; by noon, the line has gone out the door. I'll report tonight on how it looks tonight as I make trip #3 (I am thinking about reselling all my excess to gas to OUC).

Oh, also, they are working on the space at Paramount next to Publix and, although, one can only guess at this point, it does indeed appear that it will be a WaMu (there had been some worry given WaMu's precarious finances at the moment) based on the interior work thus far and what appears to be spaces for an ATM and after hours drop box (if I'm correct, it will also be inside like the Publix Presto! machine). Thank goodness, I'll FINALLY have a WaMu branch downtown (grumbling noise at currently paying non-WaMu ATM charges).

I finally got into Volcano's. Decided to work on a Saturday. The bran muffins are awesome. The place has free wifi. Unfortunately, my partner took the laptop down to Miami this weekend, so I can't hang out and work leisurely. The barista mentioned NYPD opening soon and after my asking of the hours of operation, she said things seem to be up in the air right now until the movie theater happens. [Waving of hand in the air as if to magically make a movie theater or Titanic appear out of thin air.]

I finally got into Volcano's. Decided to work on a Saturday. The bran muffins are awesome. The place has free wifi. Unfortunately, my partner took the laptop down to Miami this weekend, so I can't hang out and work leisurely. The barista mentioned NYPD opening soon and after my asking of the hours of operation, she said things seem to be up in the air right now until the movie theater happens. [Waving of hand in the air as if to magically make a movie theater or Titanic appear out of thin air.]

NYPD Pizza had a table out in the square selling pizza during Urban Flat's Wine Down Wed. Great pizza. Cant wait till they open. The location is really bad. The shop can't be seen from the street at all. Its behind the non-working theatre escalator. I hope they make it.

Try the Hawaiian Earthquake. (I think that is the name) It is coconut, macedamian nut, and something else.

NYPD Pizza already opened. They'll make it.

They are buying the Cool Blue space, partially gutting it, and expanding into it. They will use that location for large parties/gatherings, and maintain a full bar for evening hours. Not sure if the two will connect from within; probably will. Their location is fine. Bento is doing extremely well. So is Elyse.

I'm very excited about their future plans.

NYPD Pizza already opened. They'll make it.

They are buying the Cool Blue space, partially gutting it, and expanding into it. They will use that location for large parties/gatherings, and maintain a full bar for evening hours. Not sure if the two will connect from within; probably will. Their location is fine. Bento is doing extremely well. So is Elyse.

I'm very excited about their future plans.

I was there yesterday and they really have to beef up their service. I showed up with 6 of my buddies, they got 4 orders wrong and it took 45 minutes for them to ring us up. Some of us still havn't paid yet.

• 1 month later...

I think they are having a wakeboarding show at the lake this saturday, possibly similar to the one couple years ago.

You are correct, sir. I also heard the guy who jumped the fountain will be jumping a bus on wall street, if that is to be believed. But then, I was very surprised to take this picture, too.

2006-09-30_10-09-21.jpg

I found an awesome document on the City of Orlando web site that contained a bunch of neat maps. Here are some of the most interesting ones:

A "character" map of Downtown Orlando:

downtowncharacterpo3.jpgdowntowncharacterlegendia1.jpg

Recommended height restrictions:

heightrestrictionsix0.jpgheightrestrictionslegenfk6.jpg

Land Values. Dark red indicates the highest, yellow the lowest:

landvaluesiz0.jpg

Parking garages, with 5-minute walk radius shown:

parkinggaragesfp1.jpgparkinggarageslegendbc5.jpg

Transit Infrastructure:

transitinfrastructureyn0.jpgtransitinfrastructureleew6.jpg

Archived