ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just drove by Blue Bistro and it is for lease...Does anyone know what happened? I loved that restaurant!

Besides average food for high prices?

This isn't a shot at what you like, but I think the quality and portions were subpar for the prices.

I just think it wasn't doing well, and the rent was outrageous. They are opening somewhere else this October from what I heard.

Hey now, we haven't seen Paramount in it's finished street-level state. Don't be so quick to judge.

I looked around Paramount this past weekend. They are continueing the concrete sidewalk with concrete pavers that is already on the rest of Central. If you look at the sidewalk in front of the old Vue sales center is the same as what is going in front of Paramount.

Not real impressed with the looks Paramount. A lot of stucco with cheap looking "decorations" glued on. The exterior decor would fit a Holiday Inn but as a residential high rise it is kind of tacky.

On the other hand, it will be nice to have the Publix finally open.

recieved a postcard in the mail from Eola Capital proposing a mixed-use project (proposed office building) at the southwest corner of washington and north eola drive. There will be a community meeting march 27, 6 - 730pm. Given the location, I am sure it wont be that big are tall. But have this project been mentioned before?

From what I am hearing this will be 200' tall. Purely commercial building with very upscale restaurant on ground floor that fronts onto the park with landscaping that is an order of magnitude nicer than anything else on the Lake.

I am going to be out of town when the presentation is made, but maybe someone will be able to post some renderings.

The Mini Mart on Orange Ave is open for sure. Went in today. They are open Monday thru Saturday from 6am - 8pm. The guy said they'll see how things go and he wasn't sure how they would adjust their hours. I'm just glad that they will be open hours other than regular business.

Also, Cool Blue Burrito is open. I didn't eat there, but I saw the sign stating so.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody heard of the two projects proposed at Lake Eola? One is at the southwest corner, a hotel, high rise? the other is the Office Building on the east side of the Lake?

I am personally against both because I believe lake Eola should be planned as our Central Park. No high rise buildings should be allowed to be built within the block of the lake ONLY across the streets.

I have heard of a website called something like "Save Lake Eola".

I don;t seem to find it in Google.

Please post any information about it.

Thnxs

One is 205/215 and the other is Eola Capitals headquarters. I have a hard time telling people what to do with their property. If Orlando cared that much, someone should have bought it years ago when land was cheaper.

Has anybody heard of the two projects proposed at Lake Eola? One is at the southwest corner, a hotel, high rise? the other is the Office Building on the east side of the Lake?

I am personally against both because I believe lake Eola should be planned as our Central Park. No high rise buildings should be allowed to be built within the block of the lake ONLY across the streets.

I have heard of a website called something like "Save Lake Eola".

I don;t seem to find it in Google.

Please post any information about it.

Thnxs

Meh. So long as the properties compliment the park and add Public Space to their development, I say bring it.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't remember if this project even has a name. This is directly south of the proposed Montage, so 2 blocks south of Paramount.

update1jc9.jpg

This is the Gibson Guitar place on Court and Central. As part of the Florida Music Festival, there will be a drawing for a Les Paul, so I wonder if they plan on giving it away at a grand opening ceremony???

gibson1ab5.jpg

And this was taken Friday afternoon at Lake Eola. An artist was creating a sidewalk chalk sign for the Rotary Sidewalk Art fest or show today (going on right now as I type). Not sure exactly what it is called. Art can come in many different forms and it is good to see that art is being incorporated more and more at different functions. In this case, it is the draw. Yeah, punny, I know.

chalkgp7.jpg

Well, apparently the Gibson Showroom is going to be for private parties. Got to check it out tonight for the Florida Music Festival. It's nice, but I'm not quite sure about its viability as a room to rent for parties. It makes sense for the FMF, obviously. Blue Man Group at Wall Street tonight was fun. A little crowded, but a fun show. Tomorrow night's stop is the Stirling place up on the Plaza. Finally get to go up there. I'll be sure to have pics.

In other news, Finnhenry's is open where Room 39 used to be.

Finnhenry's

I checked out their menu. They did a very cool thing. They priced their sandwiches at 7.51, which with sales tax comes out to exactly 8.00 even. Nice. Too bad they didn't do the same thing with their drinks. I would like to see their car bombs at 4 dollars and 70 and one half cents, so they were an even 5.00. That would be a perfect 13 dollar lunch and a 2 dollar tip. 15 bucks without thinking and you'd be relaxed to go back to work.

Does anyone know why "Amway" was removed from the Amway Arena sign? It just says Arena now. Also Dynetech has put a banner on the top of it's building. At this stage, one would think they'd just wait for the permanent signage.

Does anyone know why "Amway" was removed from the Amway Arena sign? It just says Arena now. Also Dynetech has put a banner on the top of it's building. At this stage, one would think they'd just wait for the permanent signage.

Drat, Amway is back up.

Archived