ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

Hey, let's hear it for Tijuana Flats' new locale inside Thornton Park Central... not sure if this was already posted...

Is it opened? I'm still kinda peeved it left the old place. Especially since Cool Blue Burrito closed. I'm not a fan of Panchero's and I'm half inclined to build my own Chipotle to compete :P

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it opened? I'm still kinda peeved it left the old place. Especially since Cool Blue Burrito closed. I'm not a fan of Panchero's and I'm half inclined to build my own Chipotle to compete :P

I heard one reason Tijuana left the old spot was the workers didn't feel safe leaving at night. With the party crowd on the weekend and the homeless all around they did not feel safe. If you eat there you know a lot of their staff is 17 to 25 years old and female. I don't blame them.

I think this is another reason some other places downtown close earlier than you might think they would. Downtown still lacks a critical mass of people where you can feel safe walking around at night in most places that aren't right next to a bar or club.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my copy of Downtown Confidential

Events to note:

7/11 Cow Parade 11:30 am sponsored by Chik-fil-a. Garland to Central to Magnolia to Pine to Garland and free Lunch.

7/11 Church Street Skip Day - noon - 7 - multiple sponsors

New businesses:

Downtown Mini Mart (open)

Tijuana Flats - open 7/28

Arts:

Orlando Guitartown submissions due by 7/14

I just got my copy of Downtown Confidential

Events to note:

7/11 Cow Parade 11:30 am sponsored by Chik-fil-a. Garland to Central to Rosalyn to Pine to Garland and free Lunch.

7/11 Church Street Skip Day - noon - 7 - multiple sponsors

New businesses:

Downtown Mini Mart (open)

Tijuana Flats - open 7/28

Arts:

Orlando Guitartown submissions due by 7/14

good news on the Tijuana Flats.

Whats the Downtown Mini Mart? (only thing that comes to mind is the former Discount Liquor on Orange)?

good news on the Tijuana Flats.

Whats the Downtown Mini Mart? (only thing that comes to mind is the former Discount Liquor on Orange)?

Open the PDF link above for more details

Down Town Mini Mart has opened at 329 N. Orange Avenue. The Mini Mart has sandwiches, salads, soups, pastries, newspapers, magazines, etc. They are 1 block from the Orange County Courthouse! You can call your order in ahead and then just it up!

it's in the same strip as the chinese and the coney island hot dog places, and the mart owners bought a lot of manny's cases/fixtures, etc. pretty much a little convenience store, and a good place to send out-of-towners who've strayed from the bus station in search of cigs.

Downtown Mini-mart has been open for months. Great to have a place around my office that I can just get a soda or energy drink or normal priced coffee. I wish they were open later, but hey, I wish that of many places downtown.

I'm leaving work at 11 today to see what this Cow Parade is all about. I hope it's real cows and not the dressed up variety. BTW, Chick Fil A is having their annual Cow Appreciation Day today and that is what this is all about. If you go into any of their restaurants and are dressed up like a cow, you get a free sandwich or meal depending on how far out you've gone. See website for more "cow tips." http://www.cowappreciationday.com

And I'll be taking off the remainder of the day for the free beer. They told me to skip. What can I do? :dontknow:

I thought Comercia Bank opened yesterday, they had a sign that said Downtown orlando welcomes another business, and the front door was unlocked.

Dynetech, right?

also, Tastings is being built out at Dynetech not-- towards the Met.

Hi all, I had taken that panorama of downtown Orlando mentioned further down the thread. For anyone interested I'm planning on shooting new panoramas from different spots around the city, as well as various urban shots. It's been so hot lately that I haven't felt like being outside, but I'll let you all know when new shots are available :camera:

Hi all, I had taken that panorama of downtown Orlando mentioned further down the thread. For anyone interested I'm planning on shooting new panoramas from different spots around the city, as well as various urban shots. It's been so hot lately that I haven't felt like being outside, but I'll let you all know when new shots are available :camera:
hey, old sticker pal -- welcome to the forums! :camera:

Downtown Mini-mart has been open for months. Great to have a place around my office that I can just get a soda or energy drink or normal priced coffee. I wish they were open later, but hey, I wish that of many places downtown.

:dontknow:

Hey Bulldogger,

Do businesses close earlier in the CBD than maybe in Thornton Park?

Hey Bulldogger,

Do businesses close earlier in the CBD than maybe in Thornton Park?

they sure do... unless you want booze. after normal business hours, i'm looking at empire szechuan or half a mile hike for anything. i finally brought in a little 4 cup coffee maker into my office and i keep the flavored creamers in my little fridge.

i have completely given up on coffee late. i got tired of treking my ass down to urban flats for a coffee or getting in my car and going to 7-11.

i guess if that cafe aroma opens up and stays open later, i could use them. we'll see.

THink about this for a minute... think of all the big projects U/C right now in town; this place is far from static:

1. 55W & retail component

2. Paramount & Publix

3. PTP retail & Cinema

4. *Events Center

5. Dynetech & retails

6. OUC

7. CSS retails

8. 101 Eola retails

9. 801 N. Orange retails

10. Thornton Park Central retails

11. FH South expansion

12. SoDo