ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

I really don't know what's going in at Flow. But Senso across the street is awesome looking. the club to the south of Incredible Ink is also getting built out as well. And of course Black Olive inside PTP is getting built out still (Pine & Orange).

The new Gino's across Gibson Guitar on Central has been up and running for a few weeks now.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw that last week. We really need this bldg. to get cracking. Pretty soon, it's not too distant neighbor, the Montage, should be going vertical? Didn't they say Feb. '09?

Today I saw two guys in orange vests and hard hats out there using a lot of arm gestures. That's as close to good news as I could give you about the GAI building.

anyone noticing foot traffic increasing downtown? I haven't lived in downtown long (a little over a month), but foot traffic seems to be pretty steady on weekdays. Surprising, since in the past it seemed to be limited to around lunch time, and clear out completely after 5pm.

It seems there is an interest in downtown with the locals, which is refreshing to see. I just hope that the opening of hte movie theater and events center in the coming months help out even more.

anyone noticing foot traffic increasing downtown? I haven't lived in downtown long (a little over a month), but foot traffic seems to be pretty steady on weekdays. Surprising, since in the past it seemed to be limited to around lunch time, and clear out completely after 5pm.

It seems there is an interest in downtown with the locals, which is refreshing to see. I just hope that the opening of hte movie theater and events center in the coming months help out even more.

I've noticed....I said the other day if I could I would open a Chipotle where O'Naturals used to be and a BK where Earth Stone Grille used to be. I think there's enough foot traffic starting at lunch and going out till 3am to make it. Unfortunately, I'll never have the capital to do it.

I've noticed....I said the other day if I could I would open a Chipotle where O'Naturals used to be and a BK where Earth Stone Grille used to be. I think there's enough foot traffic starting at lunch and going out till 3am to make it. Unfortunately, I'll never have the capital to do it.

I havent been down to Orlando in a few months, when did O'Natural's close?

The new Agenda is out for the February MPB. The only new thing (for me anyways) is 777N Orange 11-floor office building. Looks about like the building at 800N Orange just to it's north but a bit more modern. I'm not sure how to insert the image that is on the MPB .pdf.

I can't get the image to come up...

When I try it's slow. The PDF for the project is almost 8MB and take about 30-40 seconds to download. Then it sits for almost another minute with a blank screen before it displays. That's probably just waiting for acrobat to open it.

geez... I'll try again and see what happens. if there's an image I'll try to capture it and post it here.

^really though? This is just another unoriginal BBarch design. How about some variation? I'd rather have a building with classical elements that is less flashy than another one of these clumsy glass and precast stone buildings. The only building they've done to perfection is the South Eola condo building on Central.

^really though? This is just another unoriginal BBarch design. How about some variation? I'd rather have a building with classical elements that is less flashy than another one of these clumsy glass and precast stone buildings. The only building they've done to perfection is the South Eola condo building on Central.

While I dont totally disagree.... its a lot more expencive to add a limestone exterior or somthing similar.

Archived