ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is situated on 7 floors of parking, this does have a shot at it. We should petition to Kuhn and Dyer to see this become the new tallest. I know density is the main concern, its just this building is awesome. I doubt the Dynetech will be tallest, I saw renderings and it appeared to be around the same height as the Old Wachovia building, and slightly taller than citrus center.

The twin Ivanhoes will be 420 ft so likely taller than Dynetech and we dont know about 55 west exact height, or Orlando Towers.

I never could have pictured so many projects projected for the city center any time before this boom. Isnt it great!. :D

future buildings downtown over 400'.

Now: Suntrust Center=441ft, 32stories

Orange County Courthouse=417ft, 24 stories

Bank of America=408ft, 29 stories

Then(maybe): Suntrust Center=441ft 32 stories

Benchmark Building=?ft=?stories

The Vue=426ft, 35 stories

The Ivanhoe=420ft, 38 stories (2 buildings)

Orlando Towers=?ft, 37 & 34 stories

55 west=?ft, 33 stories

( plaza=?)

These are guestimates though.

I am hoping Central Park Apartments tower is built because i think that may take it. And it is by far the best design in my humble opinion. However said that, t :wub: he Benchmark is definitely neck and neck in design and most likely to come through to fruition. Thats my 2 cents worth.

The twin Ivanhoes will be 420 ft so likely taller than Dynetech and we dont know about 55 west exact height, or Orlando Towers.

I never could have pictured so many projects projected for the city center any time before this boom. Isnt it great!. :D

future buildings downtown over 400'.

Now: Suntrust Center=441ft, 32stories

Then(maybe): Suntrust Center=441ft 32 stories

Benchmark Building=?ft=?stories

The Vue=426ft, 35 stories

The Ivanhoe=420ft, 38 stories (2 buildings)

Orlando Towers=?ft, 37 & 34 stories

55 west=?ft, 33 stories

( plaza=?)

These are guestimates though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I saw that as well...though don't know anything else about it.  I like the design, its very modern.  I also like that its near the courthouse, I'm glad to see people investing furtther that way, but where on Magnolia?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I think I like the design too (although I don't understand why the rendering is so dark and there is a full moon; I guess I just like when buildings are lit up at night). Anyway, I like that the plan calls for some two-story apartments and I think they could do something really interesting with the roof, which should have a nice view. Also, that section of town could really use more projects.

By the way, I thought the model of the Vue looked good but I think the pool area could really use some trees or maybe a garden. Does anyone know how much the two-story apartments at the Vue start at? Since they're near the bottom of the building, I'm hoping they're not too expensive.

Kuhn's vision: Hip and trendy Benchmark

Design of 'real cool' project would include rooftop retail, bowling alley and more.

Christine Selvaggi Baumann

Staff Writer

ORLANDO -- Details of Cameron Kuhn's next mega-project slowing are emerging.

Link To Story

Newly named the Benchmark Building, the planned project apparently is an attempt by Kuhn to create a downtown destination similar to those in Tampa and Seattle. Kuhn, in fact, envisions the 600,000-square-foot commercial and office condo building planned for the corner of Washington and Orange avenues as an epicenter for the hip and trendy, downtown crowd.

A key component of the $100 million project -- which so far has no financial backing -- would be 200,000 square feet of retail space, half of which would be propped on top of an 11-story, 2,400-spot parking garage. Among the stores planned there: a drugstore, dessert eateries and restaurants.

"It's a hip-hop, real cool project," Kuhn says.

More intriguing, Kuhn wants to incorporate a bowling alley into the center, mimicking Seattle's downtown hotspot The Garage and Tampa's Splitsville, which has a bowling alley, billiard hall, dinner lounge and bar.

A Splitsville principal believes the Orlando project has a chance of success.

"I think it would work, but it needs to be more than a nightclub," says Splitsville co-owner Mark Gibson. "He needs to hit on all cylinders to make the margins attractive."

Gibson's company, Orlando-based Millennium Management Group, also owns Player's Grill on International Drive and Ybor's Martini Bar in Church Street. Gibson, who leases office space from Kuhn, says the two have talked briefly about the idea, and Millennium might be interested in heading the entertainment component.

Still, the project has its challenges: Kuhn needs to close on the defunct Have a Nice Day Cafe property, and he has a meeting next week on that transaction.

People familiar with the deal say it is worth an estimated $4.5 million to Mark Nejame, the cafe property owner and an attorney. Nejame would not comment other than to say he's getting "top dollar" for the land and will have an unspecified percentage of ownership in Benchmark.

Kuhn, meanwhile, also must negotiate other land deals. The future of a municipal parking lot within the project area, for example, still is undetermined, as is the status of several well-known watering holes in that area.

Says the developer, "This can change 100 times over."

I saw that as well...though don't know anything else about it.  I like the design, its very modern.  I also like that its near the courthouse, I'm glad to see people investing furtther that way, but where on Magnolia?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I should have pricing and floor plans on these in the very near future. I mentioned them in the past. They are designed by a frim out of the design district in Miami. They will feature outdoor terraces, european kitchens, and car elevators.

That sounds pretty hip...do you know the precise location?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They told us across the street from the Sentinel Building. Not sure exactly just yet. Something will have to be demolished.

By the way, I went to the Star Tower intro on Thusrday. They still dont have pricing or any dates, but the floor plans were very nice!

Just drove by downtown Orlando today Dec 14, 2004. We can expect first floor of the Premiere Trade coming up soon. CNL II is looking great. Children and Woman hospitial is top out I think. Two more sites are cleared in front of the hospital and I do not know what is going to be built there. A new restaurant is being built across from the hospital. One more project to add to the under construstion list, The Jackson site is all clear out with the foundation being put in, we can expect first floor very soon.

Just drove by downtown Orlando today Dec 14, 2004. We can expect first floor of the Premiere Trade coming up soon. CNL II is looking great. Children and Woman hospitial is top out I think. Two more sites are cleared in front of the hospital and I do not know what is going to be built there. A new restaurant is being built across from the hospital. One more project to add to the under construstion list, The Jackson site is all clear out with the foundation being put in, we can expect first floor very soon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Now we just need to get more neighbors Uptown, huh.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great news, how many floors up is CNL II so far?

I JUST CANNNOT WAIT FOR THE PLAZA TO RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived