ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

oh, ok. i went to the Vue sales office yesterday and shot some digital pics of the scale model and than went to 54 west and took pics of that as well. Latest update is The Vue is 65% hard contract and will break ground (demolition of old service station)in January and 55 west is at 45% hard contract and they still believe they will be at65% or higher come April.

oh, ok. i went to the Vue sales office yesterday and shot some digital pics of the scale model and than went to 54 west and took pics of that as well. Latest update is The Vue is 65% hard contract and will break ground (demolition of old service station)in January and 55 west is at 45% hard contract and they still believe they will be at65% or higher come April.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great investigative work. Someone had posted directions to a website where you could post pics for free .. but I don't remember where that was. Anyone want to chime in?

WOW! :D

This guy is awesome! That very well could break suntrust height, and probably 400'. This very well may be my favorite proposal yet. I also love the vue. I love projects that soar sleek and shiny into the sky while widening at the base to bring tons of Retail space. Seems like the skyline is shifting North. If 55west and the Plaza dont come close to 400' than this along with The Ivanhoe, Orlando Towers, and that new midtown projects may do just that.

Very nice.

A few notes:

-The Benchmark Building is a terrific, apropos name for this development.

-From what I can tell in that picture, it looks like each face of the building will feature different architectural elements, giving the building a different appearance depending on the direction at which you are looking at it.

-It appears as if the Benchmark will, in fact, incorporate the facade of the [bland] JC Penney building......buuuuut it looks to integrate it in a nice way.

-I counted 29 floors from ground level to the roof line, then about 5 stories worth of shark's fin ornament on top of the roof. Does that seem about right to anybody else?

-Besides the tower, the rest of the block is filled up nicely and has a very urban mall look to it.

Nice proposal. Man Kuhn is really coming through for Orlando. He's going to end up replacing Phil Rampy as the most influential developer in urban Orlando. Having a bowling alley in downtown will be sweet. The only other Florida city I can think of with a downtown bowling alley is Tampa, which had one open up in Channelside earlier this year.

This thing needs to be at least 442' tall!!!!!!

The FAA can give Cameron & Buddy 1 more foot now can't they!!???

I know there could be many changes if this happens at all but this could be Orlando's new signature building and it needs to be the tallest.

Do you guys think this will be a tallest ? Makes sense being that it's the 'Benchmark'.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I actually don't think it will, but I hope I am wrong. Here's my logic:

-The SunTrust building is 31 stories plus ornamental pyramids, and reaches a height of 441 feet.

-The Bank of America building is 28 stories plus spires, and reaches a height of 409 feet.

-On the Benchmark Building, I counted 29 floors up to the roof, plus about 5 floors worth of crown. At best, I think Benchmark is comparable to SunTrust.

EDIT: I actually think Dynetech Center has a shot at challenging SunTrust, as it is 27 stories plus a substantial spire.

Archived