ARCHIVE: Downtown Orlando Master List

bobliocatt

HI all, i am new to this forum.....what a great source to get info regarding developments in downtown Orlando. I work at the Day Building next to lake eola, and I am very excited about our downtown. I am looking to purchase a condo at a the Waverly....if I can, I will be able to WALK to work, how awesome is that. I currently live in Avalon Park, which is nice, but traffic is getting worse daily.

I always daydream about new high rises in Orlando, but never would have thought it is coming so fast and so much.

Only bad thing are that prices for the condos are obscene (for our area). The people who bought the Waverly in June of 2004 paid around 270K....now ONLY 6 MONTHS later, they are asking for 340K!!!! The prices appreciating that fast kinda scares me to be investing in condos. Nevertheless....i am excited with all the projects goin on.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HI all, i am new to this forum.....what a great source to get info regarding developments in downtown Orlando.  I work at the Day Building next to lake eola, and I am very excited about our downtown. I am looking to purchase a condo at a the Waverly....if I can, I will be able to WALK to work, how awesome is that. I currently live in Avalon Park, which is nice, but traffic is getting worse daily.

I always daydream about new high rises in Orlando, but never would have thought it is coming so fast and so much.

Only bad thing are that prices for the condos are obscene (for our area). The people who bought the Waverly in June of 2004 paid around 270K....now ONLY 6 MONTHS later, they are asking for 340K!!!! The prices appreciating that fast kinda scares me to be investing in condos. Nevertheless....i am excited with all the projects goin on.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome!

I think it looks better than the parking lot that it is replacing. BTW, I called FB&B and was being a little sticky asking about Central Park Apartments and the architect said it is definitely coming to Orlando but the location is still confidential and he couldn't really give any specifics. I really like this building (Central Park) because it is tall and dense and looks like something you would see in New York, hmm funny....maybe that is why they named it that. :rofl: Anyhoo, I like the Benchmark, the Vue, Ivanhoe, Residential part of the Premiere Plaza and Dynetech Centre. I still cant make my mind up on 55 west. Also if Mr. Kodsi is reading this, please make your project that you are planning at 50 and Orange NW corner push the envelope on the height restrictions. He who has the tallest building in Orlando shall reign supreme over all the rest. :w00t:

That last rendering makes it look a lot better than the original one, that was posted earlier.

Maybe Central Park is Kodsi's and he's moving it to 50&Orange ... although then the name wouldn't fit. It looks good where it is drawn accross central from library and accross rosalind from Embassy Suites. I think CP is the best FBBArch design I've seen (except for maybe AJAX Stadium). It does look like something you'd see next to NY Central Park. It also has a CNL feel to it.

If you go to FBBArch.com click projects, select residences, then select number 4.

I have googled to the end of the web and the only rendering or info is that tiny little bit on FB&B website. I cant wait til it becomes official. I am always looking for more higher res pics of all these renderings. I dont think it will be to long for something to materialize on Central Park Apartments due to the fact that, and what is pointed out in this recent article about Ivanhoe as that after all the condo conversions, there are not alot of options for renters.

Does anyone have any renderings of the Central Park project?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, sorry i only asked about Central Park. I first asked the receptionist on the phone and apparently she was new, and she put me in touch with an architect and he was very nice for taking a few minutes out of his time. I had originally thout that this was Kuhn's big project until last week when the Benchmark became public. I am always on the investigative hunt, so you never know what i may find out.

If you go to FB&B's website, they now have a 3d view of Premiere Plaza that is way cool. It makes the residential building look bigger than what people think. When yo go to Architecture, than click Projects, and than Mixed Use and than i think project 2 is Plaza and click 3D and wallah.

http://img58.exs.cx/img58/7440/centralpark6tb.jpg]My Webpage

No, sorry i only asked about Central Park. I first asked the receptionist on the phone and apparently she was new, and she put me in touch with an architect and he was very nice for taking a few minutes out of his time.  I had originally thout that this was Kuhn's big project until last week when the Benchmark became public. I am always on the investigative hunt, so you never know what i may find out.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you go to FB&B's website, they now have a 3d view of Premiere Plaza that is way cool. It makes the residential building look bigger than what people think. When yo go to Architecture, than click Projects, and than  Mixed Use and than i think project 2 is Plaza and click 3D and wallah.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nice, indeed.

wow

central park is beautiful

easily my favorite looking design out of all projects going on in Orlando. It does have that dense "NY" look to it. Certainly it doesn't look like any other project going on in Florida. I think glass is becoming a little too excessive in all the new projects. I miss the old school, cut-from-stone look.

wow

central park is beautiful

easily my favorite looking design out of all projects going on in Orlando.  It does have that dense "NY" look to it.  Certainly it doesn't look like any other project going on in Florida.  I think glass is becoming a little too excessive in all the new projects.  I miss the old school, cut-from-stone look.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ditto

If it's across the street from the library could it be the long-rumored University Club expansion ?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's drawn there, but I don't know if that's it real location. If you look at the AJAX stadium 3D it is shown accross orange for the courthouse, but the AJAX website says still looking for a suitable location. So, I just think FBB draws them where they think they'll look good until a real location is announce later. That's my theory anyway.

If you go to FB&B's website, they now have a 3d view of Premiere Plaza that is way cool. It makes the residential building look bigger than what people think. When yo go to Architecture, than click Projects, and than  Mixed Use and than i think project 2 is Plaza and click 3D and wallah.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Unfortunately, that is the old design by FBBArch. The new design for the residential tower is designed by another group and looks considerably shorter IMO.

I imagine the reason why that have to keep the "site" of Central Park Apartments confidential is because the developer is still probably closing a deal on the land. If that is true and it was announced, the land would be worth double what it is now. This is sort of common practice.

I do, however, imagine that the site is correct, because where else would they build a "central park" apartments in orlando? furthermore, it seem like it was designed for that lot. We can all hope <_<

Just looking at the picture, at first the building looks too "fat" for residences. But it could be just the view. I suspect that if you looked at it from the top it might have an "L" shape so the sides we are seeing are two "wings" at 90 degrees of each other coming of the central "cylinder." By "fat" I mean that if it were square when look down on it, there wouldn't be enough window frontage the appartments.

That could be true but judging by the massing, I don't think that parking lot is really big enough for a complete L shaped building (which is a good thing because the massing will be huge). If it is, then I imagine it will be similar to the Sanctuary style, with the garage in the back with a pool, etc.

Archived