Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

Here's some odd pictures of the day. A Babylonian/Abyssinian statues at some sort of apartment/condo building here in Fayetteville. Even more ironic it's next to an old historic site. The building also has a weird corrugated steel look to it also.

img0461s8ek.jpg

img0462s6cf.jpg

Oops, I'm just now catching this. What I meant to say is Babylonian/Assyrian. Abyssinian is more over around modern Ethiopia. :blush:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is the residence and studio of well-known Fayetteville artist Donald Roller Wilson, just a fun fact.

Really? For some reason I thought it was the building across the street. Both have an odd look to them.

Yeah you're right, I came across some info mentioning it was on the south side of the street not the north side. Before I was down in that area I hadn't his name mentioned in a long time.

Here's a pic from around the Walnut Street Historical District in Rogers. I just wanted to get a pic of the side of this building when I realized I could make a face out of it if I wanted. :D

img0665s1hg.jpg

Okay just to correct something. I apparently got my groups of pics mixed up. This was taken in Rogers not Bentonville. :blush:

Great Shot Mith!!

Is the old Cafe Santa Fe building just off to the right in that photo?

Yeah that's it. I don't know if this applies to the side on the left too. But I do know the side of the right is referred to the Smoky Row. For quite a while I had no idea why. Apparently this goes back to the wilder part of Fayetteville's history when it was more of a frontier town. The smoke was the result of gunfire that occurred quite a bit to 'settle' arguements.

That last pic almost looks like Main Street Disney! That new wide angle lens makes a huge difference. I didn't think your pics could get any better but looks like you proved me wrong. :)

Yeah I'm looking forward to getting a chance to really try it out more than just the quick trip I made out. I was thinking this weekend but sounds like we have a good chance for rain. Which I won't complain about, I know we really need it. I'll just have to wait a little bit longer to be able to go out and take some pics.

The second pic of the old courthouse should go on a postcard, it really is something.

My wide angle is going to come in handy when I can't always back up to get everything I want in a pic. Maybe I won't have to resort to trying to take pics in the streets anymore just to get a shot I want. :lol:

My wide angle is going to come in handy when I can't always back up to get everything I want in a pic. Maybe I won't have to resort to trying to take pics in the streets anymore just to get a shot I want. :lol:

You could probably open up a photo shop, and sell your photos. They really are great. :thumbsup:

Archived