Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that street lit up Dixon?

No this is more south. It's more around 6th St/Hwy 62. It's looking to the southeast. It's one of the few views I can get through much of the trees. There's also just a little bit of a clearance through the trees that I can get a shot of the north part of campus.

From what I heard it's was an electrical problem and it caused some of the insulation to catch on fire. I think that I heard with the way itwas built it helped save much of the building. Of course I guess you could argue the way it was built also caused this problem since it's so new. Good to hear it didn't do too much damage though.

Here's yet another non urban pic. Guess I need to start taking a few of those again so I can get a better mix. Anyway here's a sunset pic from Mt Sequoyah. If you look closely on the righthand side you can barely make out Hwy 62. Nice colors in this one. I finally got a chance at a nice sunset for a change.

95732111_1fa7661555_o.jpg

You should look into something like that.

Your shots are extremly amazing, you should consider watermarking some of them.

Yeah I probably should, although I hate to have to resort to that. Anyway here's another night shot of the parking deck on campus.

97298441_b8ea523c78_o.jpg

Beautiful Shot!!!

I didn't realize they lit it up that much.

Thanks. Well they do light up the staircase but it's not as much as it looks. I had the camera on a tripod and kept the shutter open longer to let more light in. So if you happen do br driving by it at night don't expect any bright glaring lights shining in your eyes. :D

^

Great shot Mith! Very modern looking. BTW, does the parking deck have an elevator? Or do you pay $1.10 an hour to walk up and down 9 flights of stairs?

No there are elevators, I believe four, one at each corner. Although I try to take the stairs and give myself the extra exercise. :lol:

Archived