Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice Statue.

Are those frat houses in the background, or actual classrooms?

I used to think it was something like a frat or sorority house before but it's apparently not, at least not anymore if it ever was. All I really know is that the building is called University House. I'm not sure what it's used for to be honest. It's nice that the statue is visible from Maple St, but I guess I was expecting it to be more in the center of campus where you'd have to walk to go see it where most of the other statues and sculptures are. Now I wish Fayetteville would look into having more statues in the city outside the campus. I think we could really use something like that around the Square, maybe even on Dickson St.

Here's another shot of it. I'll try to post more shots of it over in the U of A topic.

100892655_f416e567b3_o.jpg

Nice shot Mith. I like the light colored brick dorms in the front with those red colored brick dorms in the background. It's good that not all the buildings at the University are identical.

Those light colored buildings aren't dorms. The one partially in the left of the picture is the Law Programs Center. The statue sits on the lawn of University House.

I used to think it was something like a frat or sorority house before but it's apparently not, at least not anymore if it ever was. All I really know is that the building is called University House. I'm not sure what it's used for to be honest.

100892655_f416e567b3_o.jpg

University House did use to be home to a sorority. It was renovated, and now I believe it's used for events and parties at the University.

Those light colored buildings aren't dorms. The one partially in the left of the picture is the Law Programs Center. The statue sits on the lawn of University House.

University House did use to be home to a sorority. It was renovated, and now I believe it's used for events and parties at the University.

Arkansawyer...was that the old Delta Gamma house?

Arkansawyer...was that the old Delta Gamma house?

That's what I'd heard. I looked up the use of University House on UA's website and verified it. It's funny, Delta Gamma is technically called a fraternity. The term sorority came along later, but the old ones still go by women's fraternities.

The University House is also used as offices for the fundraising department at UA.

That is a nice shot. This is definitely the kind of winter Northwest Arkansas is more known for than the winters in the past few years. I wonder how many of the people that moved here in the last few years are wondering what they got themselves in for. :D

Yeah, but it'll be gone by Wednesday (50-60 degree temps pretty much thereafter through 2/27)...and the northerners and easterners who've moved here will again say "Is that all..."

Yeah, but it'll be gone by Wednesday (50-60 degree temps pretty much thereafter through 2/27)...and the northerners and easterners who've moved here will again say "Is that all..."

I hear ya... my boss is from Dayton so it's hard to get a snow day from him when he just says "you call this snow... this is nothing!"

^^^^ ... And, former Fayettville residents who live in Minneapolis don't feel very bad for you. You gotta love that snowy Fayettville pic.

No but I feel really bad for you. :lol: I've checked out Minneapolis... very cool city. I really like the skyways in downtown. Anyway, welcome to the Northwest Arkansas sub-forum! Feel free to post as much as you like.

That is a nice shot. This is definitely the kind of winter Northwest Arkansas is more known for than the winters in the past few years. I wonder how many of the people that moved here in the last few years are wondering what they got themselves in for. :D

Yeah good point I hadn't thought about it like that. There's been a lot of people move here just ine the past few years when we haven't had much snow.

Nice pic Mith. Is that the Three Sisters Building? I'm just guessing as it looks new.

Yeah it's one of the sides off Dickson St of the Three Sisters Development. I just like the look of this shot. Now I'm running a bit later for work than I wanted so you guys will have to wait for another pic till later in the day. :lol:

Archived