Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

I admit I wouldn;t mind trying to do more with photgraphy than a hobby. But I'm not really surewhat exactly I could do with it or start off.
You really are a great photographer. Have you considered putting together a portfolio and contacting the various Chambers of Commerce to see if they could use your talent in their Advertising & Promotions department? I know the local newspapers use photographs from local photographers. Then there's the Northwest Arkansas Council that mey be interested in your skills. You may not have to change professions but you could advance you hobby some.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really are a great photographer. Have you considered putting together a portfolio and contacting the various Chambers of Commerce to see if they could use your talent in their Advertising & Promotions department? I know the local newspapers use photographs from local photographers. Then there's the Northwest Arkansas Council that mey be interested in your skills. You may not have to change professions but you could advance you hobby some.

Those are some possible ideas, thanks. :D

^Along with that, you could promote UP even more. We could get some city council men on the forum. I've told a few people at work about it, hopefully they will log on.

Yeah I've told some coworkers but haven't ever gotten any to participate. I think they just occasionally check out some pics.

It looks nice, is it still under reconstruction?

Yeah I really haven't heard any timetable on how long this is going to take. But I get the impression it won't be finished for a while. I think they felt they didn't do enough to the roof area when they first renovated it. And now they have to wait till all of that is done till they can get the clock totally working. Who knows I might have to wait till summer before I get any nice pics of Old Main.

Great pics Mith242, appreciate it a lot.

I used to live a block from that new parking deck (just outside those pictures) when I was a student, and walked that way every day to campus. When it was under construction, I remember some of my professors close to the project mention the possibility of a sky walkway from the deck across Dickson St to Bell Engineering. Guess nothing came of that... but that's still a cool parking deck.

Great pics Mith242, appreciate it a lot.

I used to live a block from that new parking deck (just outside those pictures) when I was a student, and walked that way every day to campus. When it was under construction, I remember some of my professors close to the project mention the possibility of a sky walkway from the deck across Dickson St to Bell Engineering. Guess nothing came of that... but that's still a cool parking deck.

Thanks, yeah I like it lot for taking pictures from. :D I guess I'm a little surprised they didn't make some sort of walkway. Although having it go all the way to Dickson would be a pretty big walkway. I guess after spending all the money on it spending a little more on a walkway didn't seem as important. But a small walkway from say level 3, I think that seems to be the level used the most, would be useful.

This looks like it's somewhere near downtown like the Three Sisters Development.

It's something near the Square. I couldn't tell offhand what the building was because of the sun. Sometime I'll have to try to find out what building that was. It's a little harder to tell now that I can zoom in more with this new camera.

Archived