Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

Was that once an old mill?

It looks that way doesn't it? But I'm pretty sure it's not. This is in a residential area. It's just an odd style. I think they might be going after a theme a house across the street started. I'd forgotten about this artists that lives in Fayetteville but I remember seeing some of his artwork when I was young. His name is Donald Roller Wilson. Supposedly a number of people in Hollywood collect his artwork. I think the reason you don't hear much about him around in this area even though he lives here is because his artwork is a big odd. I've liked some of his early work but can't say I've seen anything he's done for quite a while. I won't say he started it but he painted in a very ultra realistic manner. But anyway he has a house across the street and it's also in a corrugated metal style. I'll post a pic soon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like a nice urban building. I also like how you can feel like you are in Greece as well, which adds to the culture already present in Fayetteville.

It's just weird because there's an old Victorian style house and an old historical site next to it. Just seems odd. But I would have loved to see something like this over near the Mill District. This would fit right in over there.

Here's a pic of the house across the street. I could get a good pic because he has a big fence all around the property. I guess he's well know enough to want his privacy. That or people don't like his artwork very much and want to get at him. :lol:

IMG_0436s.jpg

I'm not breaking the rules by asking about pricing, but what are the average condo prices in Downtown Fayetteville? I've always wondered what they run around.

Honestly I haven't seriously looked. But on the Legacy Building website they have each condo that's available and mention how much it is. I think on the Spring Street Lofts topic I took a pic of a place that looked like a huge house but it was a condo building. It had one available at the time. In one pic there was a phone number.

The Legacy's are probably $425,000 - $500,000.

When I first found that they had activated their website I took a look. From what was available at the time I believe I saw condos around $275,000 to $475,000. I'm not positive on those prices but I believe that's what I saw. I pretty sure I was a bit surprised they actually had some under $300,000. Granted each condo was a bit different in size, it looked like no two were alike. Maybe you should go check them out. :D

That's a lot cheaper than I thought. I'm sure they will sell out within 3 months or so. There's only about 8 or so left.

To be honest it's cheaper than what I though too. Although some or maybe all of those could be gone. I'm not sure how up to date they are on their website on what's available. I get the impression the green 'available' condos aren't all available and some have been sold. I think they only update it so often. But considering it seems like one of the nicer developments in the area some of those prices are cheaper than what I'd expect. That $325,000 one is around 1,100 square feet.

The old homes in the background should make for a diverse housing market in this area.

Great Shot!!

Yeah it's on Watson St, but a very short block away is Lafayette St which does have some older homes. I like the old wall along Lafayette.

I've been wanting to check out some more local historical areas and such lately. But I've been thinking of trying to take some pics a little further out this weekend. I'm not set on anything but I've been thinking of the Rogers/Bentonville area or Eureka Springs. I plan on getting some accessories for my new camera but I think I'm going to have to order them over the internet because I haven't had much luck finding them in the area. I'd prefer to have them if I'm going to go all the way to Eureka Springs. But then again I could make this a trial run before it warms up and the vegetation comes out and makes the city look even nicer. I'm also still wanting to take a trip down to the Van Buren/Ft Smith area too sometime.

Archived