Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, I had a feeling you guys would like that shot. I can't believe I never went to this area of the parking deck before. I guess I tended to stay at the sides looking at the views and such. It sounds sorta odd that I could mention a parking deck as one of my favorite structures in NWA. But considering how many pics I've taken of it and from it apparently it is. :lol:

Here's a different shot of the parking deck. You can tell it was taken over the weekend from all the snow. A bit of a contrast to the other, this one being rather light because of the snow while the previous pic was rather dark.

103576848_c00c23f3fd_o.jpg

That's a beautiful parking deck!!

Was the garage pretty full or sparse?

That's a beautiful parking deck!!

Was the garage pretty full or sparse?

From what I can tell it seems a bit sparse. It seems most people are parking in just the two level most accessable from the different street levels. I think it's the third level that's used the most, or maybe it's the fourth. Whichever it is it's the one that's accessable from the street from the west side. From what I can tell that seems to be the main entrance that is used by the students. Of course it's still rather new. I'm sure it will be used more as time goes on. Especially as empty lots around Dickson St are slowly filled in with development. Then the students will have fewer free areas to park.

From what I can tell it seems a bit sparse. It seems most people are parking in just the two level most accessable from the different street levels. I think it's the third level that's used the most, or maybe it's the fourth. Whichever it is it's the one that's accessable from the street from the west side. From what I can tell that seems to be the main entrance that is used by the students. Of course it's still rather new. I'm sure it will be used more as time goes on. Especially as empty lots around Dickson St are slowly filled in with development. Then the students will have fewer free areas to park.

I was beginning to wonder why it always seem kinda empty in your pics but from what I've read about the garage it gets very busy. With the University planning for major growth in the future it's better to have a half-empty garage rather than one that's always full.

I was beginning to wonder why it always seem kinda empty in your pics but from what I've read about the garage it gets very busy. With the University planning for major growth in the future it's better to have a half-empty garage rather than one that's always full.

Yeah, first of all I tend to go over on weekends and some students will leave on the weekends to be with their families. But I also do think the university planned ahead a lot for this. And as I said earlier if there's still free parking in empty lots not too far away then obviously they'll take the free spots first. But as we're getting more infill the students are going to start losing their spaces. That and I tend to also take pics either near the edges or on top. I think most people obviously want their vehicles away from the elements as much as possible so they aren't going to park on top or at the edges. I've never seen anyone park on top before in any of my many visits. Next time I'm over I'll consider taking pics on the different levels or something if you guys want a look at some of the other aspects of it.

I've been slacking on my pics here. I haven't felt like looking through my old pics for something to post. I still have some snow pics I haven't posted yet. So we'll have some irony with the current weather. Hard to believe this was just over a week ago.

105765722_b608970b29_o.jpg

Great Shot Mith!!!

I like the old homes in the picture, really gives that Mid-west feel, especially with the snow.

I hadn't thought about it that way. Thanks for pointing that out Matt. :D

Someone from Fayetteville sent me an e-mail mentioning something about me possibly doing something with the American in Bloom competition that Fayetteville participates in. I'm still waiting for them to get back with me but I'm guessing maybe they'll want me to take some pics for them or something like that. I imagine this will basically be on a volunteer basis but it might be nice to get into something like this and it might give me a step up in being able to do other things with photography perhaps.

Okay let's give the snow pics a break for a while. This pic is a bit old but I thought people might find it interesting if they haven't had a chance to see it in the past. Here's the clocktower from Old Main. Lately it's been covered in plastic and out of view.

106485871_e200ca3524_o.jpg

Check out the towers the next time you get to campus. It looks like they are putting copper up the sides. It stands out now quite a bit and looks like it's glowing in the sun. Pretty cool

Yeah I have noticed that but I haven't taken any pics of it yet. I've been trying to figure out if that copper is simply going to be something protective underneath the surface or it it's actually going to be the finished surface. Might also look interesting if it is the finished surface and it tarnishes to that greenish patina that you see older buildings have on their roofs and such.

Yeah I'd been meaning to go take some night shots of the library for quite a while now. It might also be nice to go take some when it's dark outside but it's still open and have all their lights on. This shot came out fine but other areas of the library didn't come out so well because they had most of the lights out.

Archived