Picture of the Day in Northwest Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many photos do you think you take, good or bad, on an average photo trip?

It's a little hard for me to say. Sometimes I experiment more than others. I haven't ever taken in photography classes or anything like that, I think I've learned some things the hard way or just by taking a lot of pics. I had a running count on my old digital camera. I can't remember exactly when I got it but my running count had just passed the 7,000 mark before I got my new one. But keep in mind a lot of those were deleted. I don't have anything close to 7,000 pics on the computer or anything like that.

Yeah I was surprised by this view also. I had no idea where the Confederate Cemetery was. Even after I found out which street it was it took me quite a while to find it. Unfortunately I guess you have to make an appointment to get in. But I still got some nice shots from the outside wall of it.

If I'm not mistaken, it looks like the Renaissance Project will be near this cemetary?

No, not really. Once again the terrain makes some things look closer than they appear. This cemetery is more over by Mt Sequoyah. I guess it's somewhat close and around the general area.

Damn those optical allusions. :rofl:

Well I guess it's also hard for me to judge by what other people thinking as being close. But I don't think I'd consider this particularly close. But because it's up on the side of Mt Sequoyah you can get some nice views and some of those buildings might look a little closer than what they actually are.

Tell me, what is that big brown building on the left?

I've always wondered if it was a bank.

I'm pretty sure it's not a bank. I believe it's just offices but I admit I don't know what offices are located in there. I think that building is called something like Ball Center or Ball Plaza Building.

Here's some odd pictures of the day. A Babylonian/Abyssinian statues at some sort of apartment/condo building here in Fayetteville. Even more ironic it's next to an old historic site. The building also has a weird corrugated steel look to it also.

img0461s8ek.jpg

img0462s6cf.jpg

Archived