CONSTRUCTION THREAD: ONE Greenville (Main @ Washington)

btoy

Visited an Orvis in Boston last weekend. Nice store with an equal inventory of men's and women's clothing. Prices were high. I hope Greenville will support stores like this. I am still all about supporting our local stores. Thus, I shop Rush Wilson over Brooks.

3-4 seems like a low-traffic store; I've shopped at that Brooks Brothers twice on weekends and there have always been people inside.

I just hope all of these fantastic new stores downtown do well.  Given how packed Mast General Store is, and given the prices that it charges, there is certainly enough business for expensive stores downtown.

I wonder what will be next?

Downtown now has a cluster of higher-end mall chains, which should mean that other mall chains will come.  I'd think that Urban Outfitters would be next, since Anthropologie's parent owns it.

I wonder if Von Maur, which seems to be one of the few department stores planning to come to the Carolinas, would do a downtown store, or if Target would?  (Not necessarily on Main St., but nearby?)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.onegreenville.com/

The latest renderings on the ONE website do not seem to match up with the submitted plans.  I assume this is actually the Richardson Street garage and not the Aloft building where the restrooms, etc. are being added??  

Id agree with this because I believe the base of the aloft building/garage will have store fronts facing the back of the ONE building.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...