Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

Jewish Mother is returning to the Oceanfront...the space underneath Peabody's.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/04/jewish-mother-will-reopen-va-beach-oceanfront

Will be interesting to see how the crowds and parking will look when both places have a show. Maybe this time I'll try to actually go.

I give that JM 3 years top, then the owner will make a lame excuse to close.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is good news for TC retail. The article also says there are 5 or 6 other clothing and home decor stores that want to be nearby. Most will be the first in the region. This is the synergy I was hoping for. I'd almost given up on major retail for TC but maybe it's on the way.:thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

So, we have Anthropologie, Free People and Lulumons which have been announced for TC. Hopefully, we should have three or four more additions announced in the near future. West Elm would be a neat addition. An Apple store would be off the charts.  :shok:

Edited by urbanvb

So, we have Anthropologie, Free People and Lulumons which have been announced for TC. Hopefully, we should have three or four more additions announced in the near future. West Elm would be a neat addition. An Apple store would be off the charts.  :shok:

Apple store would be nice, the one downtown is always crowded, but they rarely put 2 stores in the same market.

That's not entirely true. There are actually 4 in Nova.

http://usalocator.org/apple-store-locator/virginia

Five actually.

I agree that the Apple store in MacArthur seems to be doing well. Not sure that a second store would be value added for Apple here in Hampton Roads though. If they did, I think they would be a better fit in Lynnhaven Mall anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Five actually.

I agree that the Apple store in MacArthur seems to be doing well. Not sure that a second store would be value added for Apple here in Hampton Roads though. If they did, I think they would be a better fit in Lynnhaven Mall anyway.

Well...when you're right you're right. You called it.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/06/apple-store-appears-headed-lynnhaven-mall

I'm glad it was finally announced. Retail seems to be heating up a bit in Hampton Roads.  :good:

About time! 

Not that I am counting, but i called this some time ago.

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

In other news Lynnhaven Mall is getting a make over. I've heard the old Lord and Taylor will become a new entrance area as well as the 2nd story concept for the food court going away. Some food court stores will permanently close. They will somehow build new food court stores where the escalators are outside. And a good source says an A**** store is coming. It's confidential so shh. 
Edited by urbanvb

I'm glad it was finally announced. Retail seems to be heating up a bit in Hampton Roads.  :good:

About time! 

Not that I am counting, but i called this some time ago.

Posted 29 December 2013 - 03:53 AM

In other news Lynnhaven Mall is getting a make over. I've heard the old Lord and Taylor will become a new entrance area as well as the 2nd story concept for the food court going away. Some food court stores will permanently close. They will somehow build new food court stores where the escalators are outside. And a good source says an A**** store is coming. It's confidential so shh.

Ahh.. That you did. I missed that one. I'll admit, I would've rather had this at TC, but I'm glad I don't have to go all the way downtown anymore. That store was just too crowded.

Well...when you're right you're right. You called it.

http://hamptonroads.com/2014/06/apple-store-appears-headed-lynnhaven-mall

Ha Ha... definitely a complete coincidence, I had no insider knowledge or anything.  :shades:

Definitely glad to see another Apple store in the area. And kudos to urbanvb for actually calling it half a year ago.