Virginia Beach Stores, Retail, and Restaurants

vdogg

Remember this article?

This fall, several retailers have toured Town Center, including representatives of Parisian, a high-end department store owned by Saks Inc. Last year, the city and Armada Hoffler paid consultants to prepare a market study for Parisian.

They must've liked what they saw in the study. Whether they come as a Parisian or a Saks I'm pretty confident that they'l come here. I would actually love for a Saks to take over Dicks high profile location and perhaps have

Dicks take over the spot in the new office tower instead.

• 2 weeks later...

Aladdin's is gone? What else will I do to pass the time when I take my sister to the mall?

Wow, talk about the passing of an institution. Aladdin's was the arcade that hung in there, when arcade's nationwide just up and disappeared. Surprised it lasted as long as it did. Anytime I visited Lynnhaven I would always detour for a stroll thru Aladdin's to see if there was anything worth playing a game of. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

This is a little off topic but has anyone else heard anything about Target coming to Pembroke Mall?

I hope that they build a Super Target and that it will be a multistory one. I'm hoping that pembroke mall with end up doing the same thing that Coliseum mall is doing.

Edited by rusthebuss

Target coming to Pembroke has been the rumor for years now.

The Pembroke is old and somewhat tired for a mall but I do like it. At least it has some locally owned stores and is not a clone of every other chain mall in the US. I think that a Super Target would be very cool (groceries at the mall... I have seen it in Canada and heard that they used to do it here) and would bring in more foot traffic. The remodel was nice but maybe 10 years late/overdo.

• 3 weeks later...

This article is mostly about the Peninsula Town Center but I found this section about Virginia beach Very interesting.

Link to posted article

About two years ago, the 1 million-square-foot Lynnhaven Mall in Virginia Beach added a cinema plaza. In July, construction of a new outdoor component is scheduled to begin. Larsen, who designed the new section, said the vacantLord & Taylor store would be torn down and replaced by retail shops, a plaza with water fountains and restaurants with outdoor dining areas. An old parking deck will have retail space on the ground floor. The new section will add about 100,000 square feet to the mall.

• 2 weeks later...

Jackpot :shades:

Below is a link to a comprehensive retail study completed for Va. Beach completed on march of 2004 but posted on 1/6/2006. Even so it contains a lot of new information about who is looking to locate here, etc. There is so much info, in fact, that it is gonna take sometime for me to finish posting all the highlights, so bear with me.

Va. Beach retail study Warning extremely massive .pdf file

I think the Hannaford site is way too small for a Target. Earlier I had a thought that since Target does not seem to be coming to the mall might it go to City View - but since Walmart seems to be building in the old FX site which is just behind future City View, somehow I doubt they would build there.

I think the Hannaford site is way too small for a Target. Earlier I had a thought that since Target does not seem to be coming to the mall might it go to City View - but since Walmart seems to be building in the old FX site which is just behind future City View, somehow I doubt they would build there.

Hate to be a stickler but you mean "City Walk" right? :lol: