CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
Oops, I thought you were trying to be funny! :lol: The Pinnacle on Main has become somewhat of a joke on these forums. The project was announced several years ago, and we've been told on numerous occasions (by the developer himself) that construction would be starting soon. There was even a "groundbreaking" quite some time ago, but construction obviously never started. We have gotten our hopes up so many times, only to be disappointed when nothing happens. I think most of us have gone from feeling good about this project to doubting it will ever happen.

• 1 month later...
Happy 4th of July everybody! :) You know if this ever gets built it will be one of the best places in the city to see the fireworks. Fox news said that the city and the Redemption World Outreach are timing their fireworks to go off together.

I'm still trying to figure out why everybody thinks this project is dead when there is no proof showing that? :dontknow: Just because it's not getting built currently during these tough economic times doesn't mean it won't in the future.

• 3 months later...

I agree with you, GvilleSC. Why would anyone want to be in the Pinnacle on Main when they could work at Washington Square or Main at Broad? Why would they want to live there when they could live at Chicora? If people weren't choosing the Pinnacle before these other projects came on-line, why would they now?

The best (and perhaps only) way to make the Pinnacle work is to redesign it and offer more affordable condos. Then they would likely get the pre-sales they need - even in less-than-perfect economic conditions.

• 2 months later...

Archived