CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Pinnacle on Main

RestedTraveler

Welcome to the forum!

I sure hope what you saw has changed. I really feel like 6 stories across the site would be a wasteful use of the space. I'll welcome anything to the site, as it's very important to get this vital property redeveloped, but I find it disappointing.

Question: when you say "any taller structures would likely go on the BoA site", what do you mean? Were there not plans for that land? It seems to me that if that was NOT included in the plans that you saw, then it would likely have changed... It is a part of the development is it not?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

We're getting way off topic here, but this news about Nalgene and Avent bottles and BPA has been around for a few years now...ever since our little ones were still using the Avent bottles...why is the consumer concern just now a problem? Has there been recent news coverage re-hashing the old story or something? I guess I've missed it.

Question. At what point, does the city step in and require that this developer replant / clean up the site where the Pinnacle was suppose to go? As we all know, there were beautiful plantings along the street that the developer had dug up a year or so back when it looked liked the project was getting underway. Isn't time the city force good old Bob to replant / repave / clean up the site? How long is this lot allowed to stay in limbo?

On wednesday after the 11am Drive game, I went to Economic Alliance on the 9th floor of city hall to ask questions about development. The lady said that the Pinnacle was about to start, Courtyard at Marriot was about to start blasting, and that the Peacock of course was on hold. So I guess they are still going to build the Pinnacle.

On wednesday after the 11am Drive game, I went to Economic Alliance on the 9th floor of city hall to ask questions about development. The lady said that the Pinnacle was about to start, Courtyard at Marriot was about to start blasting, and that the Peacock of course was on hold. So I guess they are still going to build the Pinnacle.

If I understand correctly, there will be little to no restaurant/retail space fronting the street with this development, no? If that's the case, the delay could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. Having a tower that does absolutely nothing for street level activity is not the most desirable thing for any downtown, particularly one that has come as far as Greenville's.

Archived