Pinnacle Hills Promenade

RemusCal

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Halloween at the Promenade!

In case anyone with kids is looking for someplace to go Trick-or-Treating, the Pinnacle Hills Promenade will have a Halloween event with free entertainment for the whole family and will "encourage" retailers to give out candy. There will also be a costume contest. They're calling this Halloween event the "kick-off to the Christmas season." Oh yeah... the night will begin at 5:30 p.m. and last until 8:30 p.m.

Christmas at the Promenade!

There are already big plans for the Christmas season at the Promenade, supposedly "holiday decorations will drape across the streets of the Promenade beginning in early November, and Santa Claus makes his stop in Rogers on Nov. 24. Photos for children with Santa will be in the food pavilion near the indoor fireplace, and the outdoor fireplace and its seating outside of the food pavilion will stay warm after cooldown. There will always be a lot of entertainment on weekends during the holidays."

Thank you Pinnacle Group for making the Promenade happen!!!

That reminds me. Didn't someone say Borders is just a two story Barnes & Noble? I just wanted to point out I've seen two story Barnes & Noble also. Not in Arkansas though.

I've never actually seen a 2-story Borders, but I've been to several Borders. Other than the layout and design there really isn't much of a difference between B&N and Borders. I'd say Borders is actually more like Hastings than B&N.

Borders is the direct competitor of B&N and owns Waldenbooks, too. Of course, most Waldenbooks are becoming Borders Expresses, these days. It's not really that much like a Hastings. I'm glad of it because it means a bit more competition and selection.

Borders is the direct competitor of B&N and owns Waldenbooks, too. Of course, most Waldenbooks are becoming Borders Expresses, these days. It's not really that much like a Hastings. I'm glad of it because it means a bit more competition and selection.

I guess it's more a matter of opinion, but all the Borders that I've been in have more the look and feel of Hastings than of B&N. I could spend hours in B&N, whereas I'm usually in and out of Borders. That's not to say this new Borders won't be nicer than most, but I am speaking from experience of visiting several Borders stores over the past 20 years.

I believe Borders is actually a subsidiary of KMart.

B&N is a stand-alone company that owns B. Dalton Bookseller and publishes 1,100 new titles annually and owns publishing or distribution rights to nearly 10,000 titles, through it's subsidiary Sterling Publishing.

I guess it's more a matter of opinion, but all the Borders that I've been in have more the look and feel of Hastings than of B&N. I could spend hours in B&N, whereas I'm usually in and out of Borders. That's not to say this new Borders won't be nicer than most, but I am speaking from experience of visiting several Borders stores over the past 20 years.

I believe Borders is actually a subsidiary of KMart.

B&N is a stand-alone company that owns B. Dalton Bookseller and publishes 1,100 new titles annually and owns publishing or distribution rights to nearly 10,000 titles, through it's subsidiary Sterling Publishing.

Agreed... Barnes & Noble is a more cozy surrounding where you can spend a lot of time. Borders, not so much.

I guess where I came from, the Borders were a bit more cozier. I agree, B&N are still better for hanging around. Been going to them for about twenty years, too.

Kmart hasn't owned them for many years. They were spun off. Borders is owned by the Borders group.

Anyway, I welcome them as an addition to the bookstores in the area.

Archived