Miller & Rhoads Hilton Hotel/Condo Conversion

tombarnes

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been fascinated by the visual tour D.C. has provided of M&R Hilton Garden Inn.

However, it is all about condo space as far as I can figure. Where will the hotel rooms be in relation to them?

And does it appear that the windows overlooking the big atrium are not in living units but along a hallway? And if so, would that mean that all units will have street views? Also, it appears to me that the atrium will be roofed, tho some say it will be open.

Wish I could finagle one of my rich relatives into buying a unit overlooking the Carpenter Theatre and renting it to me for mortgage amd maintenance costs. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I drove by yesterday but I only paid attenmtion to M&R. I didn't look at the Marriott but I saw the picture when I got home in the paper. If I had stopped and seen it in person, I'd taken a picture. Those winds ripped off siding and shingles in neighborhoods.

• 4 weeks later...

A couple links worth mentioning:

HRI Properties links for the Miller and Rhoads Project -

Condos http://www.hrihci.com/Apartments/module/we...e%5Bid%5D/72725

The $102.8 million project is being developed by HRI Properties in partnership with ECI Development Services, Prudential Insurance Company of America, Chevron TCI, Inc. and Capital One, NA.

The Miller & Rhoads project involves the adaptive reuse of a historic department store into a mixed-use facility with hotel, residential and commercial components. Once construction is completed in November 2008, the former 8-story department store will include a Hilton Garden Inn with 250 rooms, 133 residential condominium units and street level commercial space of approximately 21,000 square feet. The basement level will provide parking for condominium owners as well as daily parking for hotel needs. The hotel and condominiums have separate entrances, elevators and fitness facilities while sharing a ground floor connection and a swimming pool.

Hotel http://www.hrihci.com/Apartments/module/we...e%5Bid%5D/72798

Hotel Facilities/Services

• 2 weeks later...

New rendering... from the retail leasing flyer

mrrend.jpg

I would like to report that windows are going in and they actually match what they are showing here in the rendering... fascinating.

And can everyone see the drive entrance to the underground parking in this pic???

New rendering... from the retail leasing flyer

mrrend.jpg

That's awesome. Clean lines, well landscaped, and excellent detail in curb appeal, just wish the signs for the actual Hilton Garden Inn were more attractive, but oh well. I would kill for that ugly 'radio' tower on the Verizon Building to come down :(

The Hilton Garden Inn will feature the following on its ground level:

6500+ s/f of retail/restaurant space at the corner of Broad and 6th and extending along 6th to the old M&R canopied entry.

From the canopied entry on 6th there will be 7900 s/f of space for an upscale restaurant directly across from the Carpenter Theatre and wrapping around the corner of Grace.

On East Grace at and including the corner of 5th, approximately 6500 s/f of space will be available for retail -- either one tenant for the entire space or divided among tenants.

The hotel itself will have a small dining area/bar as well as a fairly large (perhaps 5000+ s/f) ballroom and pre-function room about midsection of the building's first floor.

The hotel will have three elevators and the condos two.

In the last photo, it appears that the canopy will be enclosed using opaque materials. I wish glass or transparent materials was used instead. None the less, I like the interior open look.

Shak, both atriums will be open to the sky (with perhaps netting or similar to prevent birds from entering and getting trapped.) The present coverings, necessary for the construction process, will be removed.

Archived