Miller & Rhoads Hilton Hotel/Condo Conversion

tombarnes

I'm glad that the hotel was "downgraded" . It will make it more appealing to tourists who will actually spend time in the city. If nice, affordable hotels aren't available downtown, they will find a Garden Inn in Henrico or Chesterfield. One would have to be completely delusional to believe that downtown Richmond needs more over priced hotel rooms. I

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New rendering... from the retail leasing flyer

mrrend.jpg

This rendering shows the courtyard planters, flags and hopefully a fountain. I am not fond of the hotel entry "wall" that has been devised by the architects (see Tommy's recent photos at Richmond in Pictures III.) What's more, I wouldn't want to live in unit 217 or 218 both of which are directly behind that wall on the second floor.

The Hilton website says it will be welcoming guests on February 18th (see posting below.)

Does anyone know if the restaurants will open at the same time the hotel opens? This hotel is really going to help get more foot traffic on the street.

Majors, the opening, which I'm told will be next week, will provide guests with all amenities including health club, pool, restaurant (Great American Grill) and bar (Pavillion Lounge.)

Commercial spaces at the corners of 6th & Broad, Grace & 6th and 5th & Grace, as Wrldcoupe points out, have not yet been leased.

I WAS CURIOUS AS TO HOW OTHER PEOPLE FELT ABOUT M&R CONDO RESIDENTS HAVING TO LEASE (MONTHLY) A PARKING SPOT AT MARKET RATE? IM GUESSING THAT WILL BE BETWEEN $70 AND $100.. PERSONALLY I THINK EVERY RESIDENT SHOULD HAVE 1 PARKING SPOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE CONDO. EVERY OTHER CONDO I HAVE LOOKED AT HAS A PARKING SPOT INCLUDED

WAS JUST WONDERING IF I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO FELT THIS WAY : )

I WAS CURIOUS AS TO HOW OTHER PEOPLE FELT ABOUT M&R CONDO RESIDENTS HAVING TO LEASE (MONTHLY) A PARKING SPOT AT MARKET RATE? IM GUESSING THAT WILL BE BETWEEN $70 AND $100.. PERSONALLY I THINK EVERY RESIDENT SHOULD HAVE 1 PARKING SPOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE OF THE CONDO. EVERY OTHER CONDO I HAVE LOOKED AT HAS A PARKING SPOT INCLUDED

There is no free lunch, enw321. If a parking place were included, then the condo would cost more. If you were charged $15,000 more for the condo because it included a parking spot, and financed that at 6.5% for 30 years, you would be paying $95/month for your parking spot. You're essentially complaining that the condo isn't forcing you to buy a parking spot as a condition of buying the condo. People usually don't complain about not being forced to buy something.

Given the location of M&R, it is conceivable that some folks won't want a car.

Also, you might want to give the Caps Lock key a break.

Have you negotiated with the developers, enw? Maybe you could get a deal -- like a free parking slot for the first two years, or something similar. Everyone says it's a buyers market. :good:

This maybe a new concept for Richmond, but "renting" a parking spot has been ongoing in Downtown DC.

Before I can make an opinion on how I feel about "renting" a parking space, I would like to know what are the condo fees.

This maybe a new concept for Richmond, but "renting" a parking spot has been ongoing in Downtown DC.

Before I can make an opinion on how I feel about "renting" a parking space, I would like to know what are the condo fees.

yea im from DC ive known them to rent a parking spot but not richmond..From what i was told the condo fee would be approx 29 cent per sq ft

Have you negotiated with the developers, enw? Maybe you could get a deal -- like a free parking slot for the first two years, or something similar. Everyone says it's a buyers market. :good:

When I asked about parking I was told they they were considering giving 2yrs free parking but they havent come to a conclusion yet. We shall see :)

ive already been there like 12 times lol i got the email with the prices and floor plans..thanks!

Is there any way you could post that info here or forward that along to me?

I've been lurking in the thread for a long time, and find the idea of moving to M&R quite appealing. I ordered and read the Under the Clock ($14 from amazon) book and it made me really nostalgic for those older times. Some of the stories in there...well, I can't imagine Dillard's doing half of that today. Great pictures too.

I don't live in Richmond right now so that's a little problem. Otherwise, I'd love to go down there and get the tour and pricing info myself.

Shak and enw, if you call Curt at 804/967-2461 he will send you complete floor plans and prices. He'll also give you a tour. Tell him Burt sent you. :)

rhg247, I'm not computer savvy enough to post that info. Unless someone else here has it and knows how to post it, I'm sure Curt will be happy to e-mail you all the details.

Archived