Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone mentioned that Greenville County no longer has fairs on the fairgrounds on White Horse Road. Anyone know if this is correct?

Yes, I beleive that is correct. I grew up a short walking distance from there and my parents still leave in the same location. The "Fairgrounds" are more or less the pernament location for a Flea Market/Row of Shops facing White Horse Road (I think the location of the shops is where the used to display livestock. At one time their was a driving range their and I think they have a concert arena near the back of the property which various country artists have performed. In fact I remember Billy Ray Cyrus performing their a few years back. I was visiting my parents nearby and you could hear the annoying strains of Achy Breaky Heart in the distance. Quite disturbing! :shok:

WAHOO !! Glad to see this trail finally coming into reality. Can't wait to use it.

When will it open? Anyone know?

They should paint the other columns under this bridge BTW.

Any ideas on a theme for painting the remaining ones?

I'm not sure when it (the entire trail) will be finished. This one-mile stretch should be finished within the next couple of months. Work on the County's portion of the trail is yet to really progress, from what I can tell.

I agree. Linky Stone Park should cross the street and take in the other columns and area under the bridge on that side, too, around the trail. A theme? Perhaps healthy living? Cycling, walking, jogging, exercise, eating right, etc. ?

That is indeed an incredible shot, Wheels. I'm impressed.

I'm surprised I didn't run into one of you guys at Art in the Park today. Here's one shot from the day...

244750523_4e02b7c026.jpg

This isn't HDR. I juiced the highlights a bit in Photoshop, and it gave it that HDR feel.

Here's one more of the fountains in that area. Getting the "silky" effect in mid-afternoon ain't easy, as I discovered. There were a lot of discarded shots until this one came out. One reason I love digital!

244767536_3b796cd5d5.jpg