Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe, just maybe it had to due with him liking this site soo much that he had two usernames instead of one. He will be missed. -_-

As a member who has signed up since the departure of this implied individual, I find it odd that you would have such things to say. UrbanPlanet's rules very clearly state our zero tolerance policy for such things as multiple user names, and this person knows why he was banned. UP's popularity and success among Greenvillians as opposed to these other places may have caused him to do weird things. If he were wise he would not continue to be so obvious about it.

While RT was downtown, I was on the outskirts of town Sunday. Specifically, at the Upper State Fair.

This was the first time I had gone in ages. There was very little in the way of agricultural or 4H displays. Most of it was midway carnival stuff. Still, it was quite fun and interesting.

233522785_c23d5f6315.jpg

233435468_8a9d7cc89f.jpg

4H Clubs in this area tend to focus on agriculture. The four "H"'s are head, heart, hands, health. 4H Clubs, along with Future Farmers of America (FFA) are responsible for most of the displays at our county fairs.

I suspect that the actual county fairs and the state fair would have more of this type of display. The Upper State Fair looked like it was geared more toward entertainment. There was one display of antique tractors, one petting zoo, and some farm animals brought in from Hollywild Zoo.

Edited by Beowulf

Yep, the state fair in Columbia in October has a very large agriculture display section. The Upstate Fair is really just for the bad food and "carny" rides. You'll see more ag products at the Anderson County fair or the Western N. Carolina fair near Asheville.

I don't remember the last time there was a Greenville County fair, at the fair grounds off White Horse.

While RT was downtown, I was on the outskirts of town Sunday. Specifically, at the Upper State Fair.

This was the first time I had gone in ages. There was very little in the way of agricultural or 4H displays. Most of it was midway carnival stuff. Still, it was quite fun and interesting.

233522785_c23d5f6315.jpg

233435468_8a9d7cc89f.jpg

How did I not see these before and how did I see cdude's photo that's no longer here? :blink:

Great photos, Beowulf! I love how vivid the HDR of the carnival rides turned out to be. :shades:

Thursday, 07-SEP-2006:

233313701_44f08532f4_b.jpg

For more information on this photo, CLICK HERE.

Edited by RestedTraveler

What was the photo?

Now that carolinadude is banned, the forum's total posts will probably go down by at least 50%. :lol:

It was a photo of the Wyche Pavilion taken during the day time from RiveWalk near the new RiverPlace fountain area.

You're probably right...cdude was on a posting rampage. :P

I did see it. The issue may have been that the photo was preceded by an apology to the Mods. Can't vouch for your sanity, though.

Ah yes, those posts are gone too. I remember them now...must have been an admission of guilt to something. Oh well. Life's a Beach and then you vacation at one but won't live at one. :rolleyes:

It was a photo of the Wyche Pavilion taken during the day time from RiveWalk near the new RiverPlace fountain area.

You're probably right...cdude was on a posting rampage. :P

Ah yes, those posts are gone too. I remember them now...must have been an admission of guilt to something. Oh well. Life's a Beach and then you vacation at one but won't live at one. :rolleyes:

Could it be that the same photo was seen elsewhere, having been posted by a former member now banned? That would seem to be fairly clear evidence - unless it was a copy of the original. (RT, you should know what I mean) :lol:

I think breed pegged that carousel shot pretty accurately. It does give a sense of "suspense." :ph34r: