Greenville Photo of the Day

NYTransplant

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everybody, It's been some time since I've peeked at this thread and I've got to say WOW! :shok: You have all stepped it up a few notches. There are some unbelievable photos on here.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to offer today, my desktop had a meltdown and I'm in the middle of recovering data (hopefully). Luckily, I've got all my photos backed up on CD & DVD.

I promise to contribute again soon. I've been out of town quite a bit, but I'm taking a class all next week downtown, so I'll keep my camera in the car.

Cheers!

Yo - NYT. My desktop had the same meltdown last week and I had to do a system restore. Fortunately, I've got an external hard drive where I keep all my media (in addition to the CDs and DVDs). I still haven't gotten in back to normal, but at least I got Photoshop back online.

Hey Beowulf, I've backed up my laptop to EHD, but never got around to the desktop. I was a bit too late. :blush:

Merci! :)

Later along that same drive home from Charlotte, I came upon the Upcountry History Museum basking in the glow of the sunset:

Wednesday, October 4, 2006:

259228455_8d8469248a_b.jpg

(for the record, my wife was driving, so I wasn't posing a hazard to anybody :P ... sometimes being in the passenger seat has its advantages)

The river would look a lot nicer if they demolished that old mill dam and returned it to as close to it's natural state as is now possible.

The dam was built in 1990 when the Peace Center was built,the concrete piers in the dam were part of an old tressel bridge for the Swamp Rabbit R.R. They Built the dam because the river runs in a man made canal that was blasted years ago, out of the rock that runs up past the old Dukes Mayonnaise building.

Believe me it looks alot better now!