Louisiana City Skylines

NCB

^The photo doesn't seem to be showing up for me. I know the problem is on my end if you are using the Flickr uploader to post the image. Since my computer crashed, I can't see any photos hosted at Flickr, and if I go to someone's Flickr page, I can't see any of the photos. Actually, I can't even see your avatar anymore as that has a Flickr code. I really don't know what the problem is. :dontknow:

Edit: Sorry for all of that, I ended up figuring out what was wrong, and the picture is showing up just fine.

Well, I got onto Internet Explorer and the photo showed up fine, I wonder what's causing Firefox to have this problem with Flickr photos?

Anyway, great photo, RestedTraveler! :thumbsup: I've never been able to get a good shot of Monroe's skyline, and I'm very jealous of that one. I'm hoping I can spent some more time up there soon, Monroe is actually a pretty cool old town.

Exactly. It just seems too short, even though overall it is taller than Indy's skyline, and it just looks sort of empty for some reason.

Right. Those KC skyline picks aren't very inviting, esp. the large one. Seems like no one is there. Maybe a night shot would do KC more justice. They have some nice older 'scrapers too.

Right. Those KC skyline picks aren't very inviting, esp. the large one. Seems like no one is there. Maybe a night shot would do KC more justice. They have some nice older 'scrapers too.

That's what I was thinking, it just seems empty. But from what I know, KC is actually a very active city with a great nightlife. Most of the time I may not really like a skyline, but there are still usually things that look appealing to me, but nothing really looks good to me in KC's skyline, not even the older 'scrapers.

Look like that's everybody ? Four of us gave imput on "Skyscraper-Showdown". I'm ready for more! If yall are too and Nate does not mind ?

A few weeks ago I made a suggestion I thought would be very comparible,yet contrasting "new" vs. "old"....bringing it back South with the battle of the "T's":

Tampa vs. Tulsa

^No problem Richy! Tampa vs Tulsa it is. :thumbsup:

Tampa

Tallest building: AmSouth Building-579 feet

Number of buildings above 400 feet: 6

Number of buildings above 200 feet: 17

tampas102web.jpg

tampas101web.jpg

Tampa_skyline_from_Davis%20Island_600x400_85.jpg

Tulsa

Tallest building: One Williams Center-667 feet

Number of buildings above 200 feet: 16

tulsa-skyline.jpg

SUNSET.JPG

Tulsa_BW_aerial2.jpg

Thanks for the matchup, guys.

While I know that Tulsa's tallest building is actually higher than Tampa's, I believe the overall look of the Tampa skyline wins it for me. Tulsa's isn't bad, but their buildings seem awfully plain to me. Tampa has some visually appealing designs on their skyline, so I really have to go with Tampa.

I agree ^, while Tulsa has a nice skyline, Tampa's skyline is just visually more appealing. The stats for both cities are nearly identical with 6 high-rises over 400 ft. and 16 to 17 with 200ft.+ But the BIG difference I noticed(another website) is OLDER vs. NEWER. Tulsa has not built a skyscraper since 1984 ! And of Tampa's 8 out of the Top 10 tallest have been built since 84'. And a new Trump Tower on the way for Tampa too.

Thanks Nate for posting those, I appreciate it . Good job !

Very tough. The two T's have some impressive towers. Both downtowns could use some density. Tampa has shinier buildings. That's about it. Don't forget the Tampa metro pop. is more than twice that of Tulsa. Tampa wins by a small margin but the Trump tower will seal the deal for Tampa, w/ Tulsa showing no signs of catching up.

Nice match-up Richy and thanks for posting Nate.

Very tough. The two T's have some impressive towers. Both downtowns could use some density. Tampa has shinier buildings. That's about it. Don't forget the Tampa metro pop. is more than twice that of Tulsa. Tampa wins by a small margin but the Trump tower will seal the deal for Tampa, w/ Tulsa showing no signs of catching up.

Nice match-up Richy and thanks for posting Nate.

Definitely! Once that Trump Tower is built, it's going to really add to Tampa's appeal.

Hey Nate, did you want give some imput on the Tampa/Tulsa matchup ?

Yep, I sure do. And BTW guys, I'm sorry about not being very active over the last few days, but I've been pretty busy with multiple other things, and I basically have enough time to get home from New Orleans at night and go to bed.

Anyway, Tampa wins it for me too. Tulsa's tallest is definately a nice sized building, but after that, there isn't much there that I really like. Tampa's just looks better, even if the density isn't the greatest. Also, Tampa is booming with skyscraper development, check out these stats:

Tampa(current)

Number of buildings above 200 feet: 17

Tampa(including all buildings that are proposed, approved, and under construction)

Number of buildings above 400 feet: 18

Number of buildings above 200 feet: 41

That's okay, Nate, because that will pay off big-time for you when it's all said and done.

Well that's what I'm hoping. I've got my last course tommorow, and then I'm free, at least for the weekend.

I've been thinking of a few more match-ups...if someone wants to post them now that's fine. If not, I'll get around to it...

- San Diego vs. Baltimore (coastal wars)

- Toronto vs. Sydney (international showdown)

Both some great math-ups, man. I was thinking of starting some international match-up's as well. There was one or two match-up's I wanted to throw in as well as the Baltimore San Diego matchup, and then I think Toronto vs Sydney would be great. :thumbsup:

Here is a matchup that I thought might be somewhat different and interesting; downtown Miami vs downtown Houston:

Miami

Tallest building: Four Seasons Hotel & Tower- 64 stories; 789 feet

Number of buildings at/above 400 feet: 23

Number of buildings at/above 200 feet: 55

MiamiSL.jpg

800px-MiamiSkyline2.jpg

The mid-lower portion of the downtown skyline

miami-skyline.jpg

Houston

Tallest building: JPMorganChase Tower- 75 stories; 1002 feet

Number of buildings at/above 400 feet: 45

Number of buildings at/above 200 feet: 131

UH_skyline.JPG

Downtown%20Houston.jpg

Skyline1.gif

Miami and Houston are two cities that both have many different very impressive skyline's, but please try to keep the comparison's on the downtown skyline's only. :thumbsup:

Archived