Louisiana City Skylines

NCB

You know what I just thought about? I'm seriously pretty sure there is more info about Houston and Houston growth and development here than there is in the actual Houston forum. :lol:

:lol:

You make a very good point!! I really wish more people from Houston would discover UP. That city is so deserving of a great forum, aside from HAIF.

My wife's really trying to get me to move to Chicago. She wants that in trade for the camera. I told her heck no... it's my butt that's on the line here because my name is on the credit card that paid for the camera!!

My wife's really trying to get me to move to Chicago. She wants that in trade for the camera. I told her heck no... it's my butt that's on the line here because my name is on the credit card that paid for the camera!!

Haha, are you guys really considering moving that far away any time soon?

Haha, are you guys really considering moving that far away any time soon?

Well, her dad just moved to Chicagoland from Champaign, and we've both always wanted to love there.

But it would take a lot for us to do so, so I say no. She has been pushing the issue a lot lately... but geez, she needs to put in more than a year at this job and deal with it!!

Well, her dad just moved to Chicagoland from Champaign, and we've both always wanted to love there.

But it would take a lot for us to do so, so I say no. She has been pushing the issue a lot lately... but geez, she needs to put in more than a year at this job and deal with it!!

I'm pretty sure I talked about this with you when you joined, but I wouldn't be suprised to see myself living in Houston one day. I love New Orleans as much as you can imagine, but if I had the opportunity to move to Houston with a job and housing in place, I would definately take it.

I plan on staying here in BR ! Louisiana's in my blood. Not going anywhere, God willing. I can always take yearly visits to Houston, its only about 300 miles from here. I hear Texas property taxes are nothing nice. Maybe I'll get to visit Chi-town again one day. I was just barely old enough to really appreciate the city on my only visit.

I plan on staying here in BR ! Louisiana's in my blood. Not going anywhere, God willing. I can always take yearly visits to Houston, its only about 300 miles from here. I hear Texas property taxes are nothing nice. Maybe I'll get to visit Chi-town again one day. I was just barely old enough to really appreciate the city on my only visit.

Oh Louisiana's in my blood too, and I'm a born and bred New Orleanian, but I just like to experience other cities and other places. I've already spent a total of 5-6 months living throughout Sweden and Denmark. That's just something I've always enjoyed.

Wow Nate, I bet that was a great/interesting experience living throughout Sweden and Norway. When I was single I always wanted to visit Iceland. Some of the most beautiful women in the world live their;Sweden and Norway too I'm sure.

Oh, Iceland is just awesome. And I know you've heard about Swedish women.... :w00t:

Another "big city life" picture from Uptown Houston:

Greenway_Plaza.jpg

Not only are many of the buildings in Uptown Houston huge for a non-central business district, they look great too. I really like that Bank United building. :thumbsup: And the buildings directly next to it look somewhat like smaller versions of One and Two Shell Shell Square in New Orleans, but then again, One Shell Square was built after and is nearly an exact copy of One Shell Plaza in Houston.

This photo of uptown Houston immediately reminded me of a pic I came across on ssc.com, which was taken in Dallas, another "big-time" Texas city. Aside from the height, not too many similarities b/t the Bank United building and the high rise shown below. The way the freeways seem to hug these 'scrapers just caught my attention in both shots.

dallas3.jpg

Wow, that's another awesome photo. Thanks for sharing it!

Dallas definately has it's fair share of suburban skylines as well, and the Uptown area looks like it's booming with residential tower development. If I knew how, I would photoshop Houston's and Dallas' downtown skylines together, just to see how that would come out.

Wow, that's another awesome photo. Thanks for sharing it!

Dallas definately has it's fair share of suburban skylines as well, and the Uptown area looks like it's booming with residential tower development. If I knew how, I would photoshop Houston's and Dallas' downtown skylines together, just to see how that would come out.

Dallas is pretty impressive, but there are a couple of buildings in their skyline that I'd like to replace... one being the Reunion Tower.

Looking out toward downtown Dallas, from high atop a hotel in Addison, is an extremely breathtaking viewpoint. :D

Just to kind of keep this thread "Louisiana" for a second, here's a picture of the massive Metairie skyline, New Orleans' suburban skyline:

img2277sharp6rz.jpg

Thanks for that, Nate. I love Metairie's skyline. I only got a couple cruddy photos of thet skyline last year, but it's definitely nice for a suburban skyline... and a suburban skyline in Louisiana for that matter! :)

Not to take away from Metairie, but I just found these on Flickr (photos belong to dman861) and thought I'd post them. WOW.

Downtown Shreveport panorama

173880752_f760e4008a.jpg

Shreveport riverfront panorama

172029860_80ed5ffc4d.jpg

SR-71 Blackbird at Barksdale Air Force Base's Eighth Air Force Museum

171346941_9c4061e250.jpg

And here, he has an ongoing photo set of events at CenturyTel Center:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dman861/sets/72057594087105226/

Thanks for that, Nate. I love Metairie's skyline. I only got a couple cruddy photos of thet skyline last year, but it's definitely nice for a suburban skyline... and a suburban skyline in Louisiana for that matter! :)

Thanks. It's definately not a bad sized skyline for a Louisiana city, and a Louisiana suburban city for that matter. I mean if you stuck that in Uptown Houston it would look like nothing, but for a Louisiana city, it's not half bad.

Wow, this guy has some cool stuff on his Flickr page!

I don't know why, but some of this looks awfully familiar...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ncb641/

:P

Man his photos suck!

Seriously though, you can tell I don't spend much time on Flickr.

Thanks. It's definately not a bad sized skyline for a Louisiana city, and a Louisiana suburban city for that matter. I mean if you stuck that in Uptown Houston it would look like nothing, but for a Louisiana city, it's not half bad.

Man his photos suck!

Seriously though, you can tell I don't spend much time on Flickr.

Yeah I thought they sucked pretty bad but I was giving the poor sap the benefit of the doubt.

J/K. Now I know my photos with my new camera are going to catch hell from you. I'm prepared, though. I doubt I'll venture out this evening, but I most likely will tomorrow.

Thanks for the Metairie skyline again. I was impressed that the tallest is that tall !

I like those panoramas; the SR-71 Blackbird is awesome ! The Riverfront pic looks really cool too.

Yes, it is an awesome plane. It's a real experience to walk right up to it and look it over... along with at least a couple dozen other planes and jets. Next time you're up this way, do the Air Force Museum... you won't be sorry. I did it for the first time last year when I had my father-in-law down from Illinois, and not only was he impressed but so was I as well!!

Here's a pretty good one, obviously taken from the Clyde Fant Parkway north of downtown. It shows the bridge linking the two tallest hotels in the twin cities (Horseshoe - 26 floors and Sam's Town - 23 floors.)

That's one hell of a photo! I really like that "blank page" look. ;)

Archived