Louisiana City Skylines

NCB

Great observation on the nearly identical towers and almost the same year too Nate. :thumbsup: The GM Tower at 70-stories is actually 4 feet taller than the Westin at 73-stories. I had the chance to go on the top floor at the Westin; they a revolving restuarant up there. The view was awesome ! :shades:

Great observation on the nearly identical towers and almost the same year too Nate. :thumbsup: The GM Tower at 70-stories is actually 4 feet taller than the Westin at 73-stories. I had the chance to go on the top floor at the Westin; they a revolving restuarant up there. The view was awesome ! :shades:

That would have been really cool. I've heard of so many buildings wth revolving restaurants, but unfortunately I've never dined in one. I have looked out over Chicago from well over 100 stories up in the Sears Tower, though, so I'm MORE than satisfied with that!! :D

I think another skyline battle would get this thread moving again. I figured as one of the last skyline battles before we used bluff's international idea, we could use Richy's battle of Minneapolis vs Calgary. :thumbsup:

Minneapolis

City population- 372,811

Metro population- 3,467,108

Tallest building: IDS Tower- 792 feet

Number of buildings above 400 feet: 18

Number of buildings above 200 feet: 60

All Minneapolis photos courtesy of Matt Robinson at www.metroscenes.com.

minneapolis_metroscenes_com_07.jpg

minneapolis_metroscenes_com_63.jpg

minneapolis_metroscenes_com_pan.jpg

Calgary(Canada)

City population- 956,078

Metro population- 1,016,616

Tallest building: Canada Centre - West Tower- 705 feet

Number of buildings above 400 feet: 24

Number of buildings above 200 feet: 60

Calgary-skyline.jpg

26357975910v0179iz9.jpg

calgaryskylinemv8.jpg

Thanks again Nate for all of your work. :thumbsup:

What a "Battle" it is. TWO truly impressive Skylines for both cities to be proud of for sure. Minneapolis is one of my favorites. It just has a striking presence and much variety. Both have similar riverfronts. While Calgary's is awesome, dense, spread-out and has a cool observation tower. The mountains also served as a stunning backdrop...

Minneapolis wins this one. bOOYAH. They just "Bring-it".

Those population ratio's differ about as much as you will ever see. Calgary's city pop. accounts for 95% of their metro area; while Minneapolis city pop. accounts for less than 15% of their metro. :wacko:

I agree Minneapolis wins it. Wow, I didn't realize their city population was so small, but their metro population is amazing. 3+ million people!!! You can tell their city limits are screwed up, because that's a 3+ million population skyline, not a 300,000+ skyline!

Minneapolis wins it for me as well, that's just an awesome skyline. It looks good from just about every angle, and the mix of different buildings is great. And of course, I love skylines up against the Mississippi River. :D

Though Calgary isn't too bad either, that's a very impressive skyline from some angles, and it reminds me quite a bit of Denver.

And BTW guys, the reason why Minneapolis has such a small city population in relation with its metro is because the city limits only cover 59 sq. miles. The urban area population of Minneapolis-St. Paul is 2,388,593.

Oh and Tommy, I hope you don't mind me using your New Orleans skyline image as my signature. :D

The height limit for sigs is 64px, and my skyline image with the text is about 63px. ;)

:rofl: I think you have Richmond's skyline. New Orleans was right above it.

And of course I dont mind you using it :D

Archived