Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

Is anyone else irritated with the tone City Council is taking with this marina project? They all seem to be asking "Why should the City be spending money on trivial matters like a public marina when we could make a quick buck by selling this to private developers?" Hope I'm not the only one that feels this way.

Richmond marina: $17.7 million

I will bet anyone on this board that Dollar Bill Pantele, backed by Ellen "Free Lunch" Robertson, Delores the landlord, will pursue the selling of this property for a fraction of what prime waterfront property should go for. They will push hard, and may even pick up a few more supporters and could actually pull it off. Citizens need to offer input. Grassroots baby!! Get out there, talk it up with your neighbors and let them know what is up. If this property is sold, your best view of this shore will forever be from the shiplock park as it will surely be privatized. Developers will pander to the citizens that the waterfront will be open for all as they think we are a bunch of ignorant sheep, but make no mistake, if this land is sold to private developers, you will not be allowed there unless you own a unit and a boat.

• 1 month later...

According to Monroe Ward Neighborhood News' report from the recent 2nd District meeting, the developers of Rockett's Landing will begin a $200 million phase soon inside the city as part of the project. I imagine it is the larger commercial/retail component and the 13-story condo tower among other things like street realignments and infrastructure improvements.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your friends CMSS are the architects :)

This is the next phase of the project. I believe 1 of the 13-14 story towers has been approved. Marketing for a decent sized retail portion (seen in the foreground of the images) is also underway. Work on the marina should begin by 2009.

Your friends CMSS are the architects :)

This is the next phase of the project. I believe 1 of the 13-14 story towers has been approved. Marketing for a decent sized retail portion (seen in the foreground of the images) is also underway. Work on the marina should begin by 2009.

According to one of my Rockett's sources, sales for the approved "15-story" tower should start this summer.

FYI... This is what I was told about 6-weeks ago. None the less, I signed up to receive updates for the next tower.

The developer is proposing to buy or lease the terminal property, along with the purchase of adjacent lots owned by the city and Richmond Redevelopment Housing Authority that would be used to expand the Village of Rocketts Landing development.

Awesome read. Further west into the city=more height!

Good news all around! The rendering below will be, correct me if I'm wrong, the hotel--the building with the clock tower just down the street from the 14 story tower.

31769729ze8.png

It looks to me as if the clock tower is a separate structure and is not attached to the building behind it -- sort of a "fat" Venician campanile. You're a wonder, Tommy. Where do you find these renderings? And are they recent?

It looks to me as if the clock tower is a separate structure and is not attached to the building behind it -- sort of a "fat" Venician campanile. You're a wonder, Tommy. Where do you find these renderings? And are they recent?

You could be right, Burt. Now that I take a closer look, the clock tower does look as if it could be separate. This one's from a very recent expedition, and is more so finalized than the other three I posted last week.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it would start by making a sweet MODEL to match up with it...

I like those river boats they have connecting various points along the Potomac. How interesting if there was such a service that could leave Rocketts for Petersburg/Hopewell or occasionally to Hampton Roads.