Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

These plans for Rockett's are looking better and better. Looks like I need to head down there and take a look. I really hope the developing panic of "worst housing slump in 16 years" does not begin to effect this.

The place is really beginning to take shape! I went down there a couple of weekends ago and was amazed at the amount of stuff that has been built. I don't believe that the great housing bubble burst will effect this project much. If you haven't taken a trip down there yet, you should go and check it out!

The place is really beginning to take shape! I went down there a couple of weekends ago and was amazed at the amount of stuff that has been built. I don't believe that the great housing bubble burst will effect this project much. If you haven't taken a trip down there yet, you should go and check it out!

This housing burst is different than the ones in the 80's... this one will almost exclusively affect suburban development, in the fact that rising fuel and energy costs and over-lending on over-priced large homes are the driving forces for the slump.

This housing burst is different than the ones in the 80's... this one will almost exclusively affect suburban development, in the fact that rising fuel and energy costs and over-lending on over-priced large homes are the driving forces for the slump.

What a shame ^_^ .

I do intend to take a drive down there tonight, though it will be dark by the time I get back to town. Eventually, my company has to submit to my harassment for them to relocate to Richmond.

What a shame ^_^ .

I do intend to take a drive down there tonight, though it will be dark by the time I get back to town. Eventually, my company has to submit to my harassment for them to relocate to Richmond.

Hey, Ice! I hope yours is a BIG company and that you are successful in luring them to Richmond.

I'll drive down to Rocketts Landing next week to take a look, as well as tooling around the suburbs to see how West Broad Village is progressing. And of course, my usual complete inspection of downtown. :thumbsup:

Hey, Ice! I hope yours is a BIG company and that you are successful in luring them to Richmond.

I'll drive down to Rocketts Landing next week to take a look, as well as tooling around the suburbs to see how West Broad Village is progressing. And of course, my usual complete inspection of downtown. :thumbsup:

We are only about 100 employees, but a quarter of us live in Richmond and commute 90 miles West to Charlottesville. Overall, it would be cheaper for everyone travelling within the company to fly RIC instead of C-Ville's municipal airport.

Man that's a lot of gas Burt!

• 4 weeks later...

While I was in Richmond my friend took me to see her penthouse in the first completed building. It is a spectacular two-level space with an immense patio overlooking the river, the city skyline as well as Tree Hill in the other direction. Decorators are busy at work and move-in is scheduled for December.

There is a "ruin" of a structure on the river bank just downstream of her building and I believe I was told it is to be converted to a health club, but I may have that wrong.

Another friend has just put her Warsaw condo in The Fan up for sale and has purchased a large unit in the Skyline building at Rocketts. Her move-in will be in January.

By the way, I have been in her Warsaw condo and it is spectacular. Can't figure out why she wants to leave it! The Warsaw used to be a convent and covers an entire block between Floyd and Main, Harvie and (I think) Plum Streets.

While I was in Richmond my friend took me to see her penthouse in the first completed building. It is a spectacular two-level space with an immense patio overlooking the river, the city skyline as well as Tree Hill in the other direction. Decorators are busy at work and move-in is scheduled for December.

There is a "ruin" of a structure on the river bank just downstream of her building and I believe I was told it is to be converted to a health club, but I may have that wrong.

Another friend has just put her Warsaw condo in The Fan up for sale and has purchased a large unit in the Skyline building at Rocketts. Her move-in will be in January.

By the way, I have been in her Warsaw condo and it is spectacular. Can't figure out why she wants to leave it! The Warsaw used to be a convent and covers an entire block between Floyd and Main, Harvie and (I think) Plum Streets.

I am curious of to what "ruin" she is referring to. There is a foundation of another large warehouse (or walled in lake at the moment) immediately next to Skyline, a smaller shed that currently contains the workers' basketball court across the tracks from that, and a small pump shed tucked into the trees along the James a short bit down the tracks. The old brewery would be up river, and hopefully will still be used.

EDIT: I mistook Skyline as being the structure that is actually Falline. The ruin she must be referring to is the old brewery between the two condo buildings. I did not realize they started moving tenants into Falline (the first completed), nevermind Skyline upcoming.

Edited by Icetera

Ice:

http://rockettsvillage.com/homes.asp

Go to this site, hit "What's New", then click the 1st of the Site Aerials. The "ruin" I referred to is at bottom center right on the river front slightly downstream from Fall Line. There is another rocketts site (which I can't find at the moment) that shows that this "ruin" will be developed as a health club.

And yes, there are several tenants now living in Fall Line.

Ice:

http://rockettsvillage.com/homes.asp

Go to this site, hit "What's New", then click the 1st of the Site Aerials. The "ruin" I referred to is at bottom center right on the river front slightly downstream from Fall Line. There is another rocketts site (which I can't find at the moment) that shows that this "ruin" will be developed as a health club.

And yes, there are several tenants now living in Fall Line.

That looks like the old warehouse foundation. It looks like they may have cleared out the "lake" by the time this picture was taken. That foundation is almost as large as the condo buildings, so if they actually use the remaining structure then this health club will be impressive.