Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

Sorry if someone has mentioned this, but did anybody else notice the mention in the article that a "soil roof" was an option on the townhouses. That is pretty friggin' remarkable for this area -- green roofs are supposed to substantially reduce the heat island effect and reduce runoff. It would, however, look a little odd if you were the only townhouse that chose that option and all your other neighbors had normal roofs.

Sorry if someone has mentioned this, but did anybody else notice the mention in the article that a "soil roof" was an option on the townhouses. That is pretty friggin' remarkable for this area -- green roofs are supposed to substantially reduce the heat island effect and reduce runoff. It would, however, look a little odd if you were the only townhouse that chose that option and all your other neighbors had normal roofs.

There are plenty of "green" roofs in the surrounding areas. Just look at peoples cedar shake roofs, with enough neglect anyone can get moss to grow...LOL

That said, it would be odd to see one roof green and all other shingled. I bet very few people passing by would understand what was going on with that roof.

I think it's a great idea. I believe a green roof would cost another $25k at Rockett's, but I may be wrong.

I got a better explanation last night... he is going to maintain it as an executive 'furnished' apartment. And if needed he will crash there.

Can I crash there when he isn't? I went last weekend but I didn't get much of a tour.

Ill see what I can do.. he did give a friend a key to keep an eye on the place and use it as a drunk tank as needed...

A clarification for readers: So you won't have to scroll to the top of the page to find out what the hell is being discussed here, it's a rental unit at Vista on the James.

We've wandered so far off Rocketts Landing topic may as well continue on another subject: Did you attend the charrette, journi?

A clarification for readers: So you won't have to scroll to the top of the page to find out what the hell is being discussed here, it's a rental unit at Vista on the James.

We've wandered so far off Rocketts Landing topic may as well continue on another subject: Did you attend the charrette, journi?

been so busy at work that I didnt. I am severely dissappointed on that note. Guess I will just have to make up for it during the public comments section of this process later in the year.

I wonder how they included Rocketts...to get back on topic..

I'm a little late in bringing this to everyone's attention, but in the Times Dispatch, dated Saturday June 23rd on page A6, there is an ad for Rocketts Landing with an incredibly good half-page doctored aerial photo of the entire site. It's a fabulous view upriver from below Fall Line and includes the city skyline, Tobacco Row and the future site of Echo Harbour. It also shows the planned Rocketts high-rise.

If you keep old papers, dig this one out or go to the TD office and buy a copy. Enjoy the fantastic rendering!!! It's one that I have not seen elsewhere.

Edited by burt

Drove by Rockett's today while out doing some stuff for work and I am more impressed every time I go by. I noticed workers in the building slated for restaurants north of the current phase. I heard someone somewhere say Can Can might open something in there.

I was told ACACIA, the excellent and popular Carytown spot, will definitely be one of the restaurants to expand to Rocketts Landing.

I was told ACACIA, the excellent and popular Carytown spot, will definitely be one of the restaurants to expand to Rocketts Landing.

Also, a movie theatre is planned, but I suspect it will be a small one-screen cinema.

I actually haven't uploaded it yet...

Aha!! So you've got it, Cam? Since it's half a page, is it possible to scan it and post it here?

They're really getting the word out. I've never seen such a grand advertisement campaign for a development like Rocketts. Hmm... this is what downtown needs really.

Edited by Cadeho