Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

What he said was that they were PLANNING for a bridge across the river. Plus im sure that they realize that it has to be 100+ Feet above the water. So keyword PLANNING this not anything we have heard yet.

A bridge would look horrible there in relation to the Rockett's developement, unless it was low (which it would not be). Perhaps some short of lower drawbridge could be used. Either way, a bridge would fill in a large gapped area for river crossings, which would generate a lot of traffic between East End and Blackwell, straight through Rockett's developement. Nothing about this sounds advantagous to Rockett's tenants.

Thanks for all this info on Rocketts landing, Tommy. Just talked to my friends who will spend their first night at Fall Line tomorrow. Another friend has purchased a large unit in the Skyline and moves in during January or February.

I loved the story in the blog about the Parade of Ships and the party in the heated tent. Also the info about concrete floors being laid in the Power Plant in preparation for restaurants.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the Skyline Condo Building is now completed as it says in the below link to the article. It mentions that all but one penthouse is sold in Skyline. Looks like 210 Rock is the last big condo building to be completed untill the next phase begins of rocketts landing.

http://www.rockettsvillage.com/blog.asp?date=1/2/2008

Were these pillars always there?

70145921do2.png

Yes. They have been there since the port area of Rocketts was established. Abraham Lincoln may have docked there on his post-war visit to Richmond. Wharfs lined the James from at least this point all the way upstream to the Great Ship lock in Richmond's seafaring days.

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone checked Rockett's recently? I need to swing down there and take a look and maybe learn how to use my new camera (I will miss my 15 year old Polariod).

I was down there last Thursday. The commercial side is taking a little longer to get started than expected, but there has been significant progress overall. I believe there are 3 or 4 condo buildings already in use, along with at least one parking deck.

Not a lot of info for you, but there it is. :)

• 3 weeks later...