Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

Cam, I thought you said earlier that it was a volunteer behind one of the vendor stands who made that comment. If it was actually a rep of Rocketts Landing, he/she should be severely reprimanded, IMO.

Tell me about it. I was just passing by and I heard her talking to a couple and she even said the Fan was dangerous! I regret not saying HUH?! But I thought, I guess this is how some people feel. And of course Rocketts is safe, no one lives there yet!

Tell me about it. I was just passing by and I heard her talking to a couple and she even said the Fan was dangerous! I regret not saying HUH?! But I thought, I guess this is how some people feel. And of course Rocketts is safe, no one lives there yet!

Well, people live there... they just dont get entered into the census data ;)

Shak what do you do for a living? Interesting to have contacts in the developing world...

I am a civil engineer working for a construction firm - (same company building Meadwestvaco's HQ, Art Museum Expansion, Miller & Rhodes and a host of other projects).

On the side, a friend and myself are in the real estate business.

I am a civil engineer working for a construction firm - (same company building Meadwestvaco's HQ, Art Museum Expansion, Miller & Rhodes and a host of other projects).

Shak, can you post some renderings of the M&R finished product. Will it, for sure, have two atriums, and is it true about recladding the upper floors to look like the lower ones facing Grace Street?

How many restaurants are planned, and what about commercial on the Grace Street side?

Sure is nice to have you back in action.

Another question -- what, if anything, is going to happen to the building you worked out of at 7th and Broad? I believe it is owned by the Wilton folks who are trying to market a hotel prospectus at 4th and Broad.

Burt posed a number of questions for me... so Ill just add to it.. do you and your friend develop or just sell? I personally am associate landscape architect, so meeting a civil engineer is a daily thing...

Cad - Do you see the joke? Wake me up when you have found it. -_-

burt - I do not have anything to post on M&R. I am unfortunately not directly associated with that project. It would not surprise me if it looks different then what is shown onsite. I have never seen a match between onsite renderings and actual product. I do know that there will be at least one restaurant. I forgot the name of it. I can find out about any retail /commercial along Grace St.

journiyin - So far we sell and broker deals. My friend actually does the main leg work. I am his assistant, but I will be over seeing all of our Richmond area operations.

To All - We are in the process of opening up a website strictly for real estate guru's. The site will have other features as well. I will keep everyone, who has interest, posted.

Edited by Shakman

• 3 weeks later...

Haha that's what I said back in September when you guys thought I was arguing.

The soccer moms quote should be paraded in front of all the developers today... SEE what all the young people think of places like Short Pump... we HATE it. That will make someone very happy. Too bad soccer moms everywhere will unite and have a bake sale and orange slice drop to counteract the attack on their way of life...

The soccer moms quote should be paraded in front of all the developers today... SEE what all the young people think of places like Short Pump... we HATE it. That will make someone very happy. Too bad soccer moms everywhere will unite and have a bake sale and orange slice drop to counteract the attack on their way of life...

Enough of socer moms already! What do you think of the story about Rocketts and Vistas, journi?

Enough of socer moms already! What do you think of the story about Rocketts and Vistas, journi?

I think they need to do a higher volume release of the townhomes, to create a larger critical mass. Especially for their marketing purposes, it is easier to market for one or two years, as opposed to 5 or 6. Otherwise, I like the fact that things are moving along.

Ill be going into the Vistas this weekend to help a friend get his 'vacation rental condo' set up. I dont have my camera, but ill see if he does.

I think they need to do a higher volume release of the townhomes, to create a larger critical mass. Especially for their marketing purposes, it is easier to market for one or two years, as opposed to 5 or 6. Otherwise, I like the fact that things are moving along.

Ill be going into the Vistas this weekend to help a friend get his 'vacation rental condo' set up. I dont have my camera, but ill see if he does.

uh oh, does that mean it's a "flip" unit?

uh oh, does that mean it's a "flip" unit?

I don't think so Burt. I just sounds like he wants to have a second home...away from home. I can see that sometimes he might want to rent it out when he will not be around for a while, but that sounds like that scenario would be the worse. People who "flip" are usually looking for a better deal than this - and usually, the home is not new.

I don't think so Burt. I just sounds like he wants to have a second home...away from home. I can see that sometimes he might want to rent it out when he will not be around for a while, but that sounds like that scenario would be the worse. People who "flip" are usually looking for a better deal than this - and usually, the home is not new.

I got a better explanation last night... he is going to maintain it as an executive 'furnished' apartment. And if needed he will crash there.