Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

I have pictures of the banner on the Richmond Rafting Co building and I have pictures on this site from inside the power plant from a few weeks ago.

Abandoned buildings thread

I haven't been able to upload all the pics I've wanted to show... why did they get rid of flock?

After seeing your shots from up there..I just had to get a slice of the pie! :D

From 1st Floor of factory:

Richmond094.jpg

From 2nd:

Richmond095.jpg

Skyline shot:

Richmond116.jpg

Edited by TBurban

I have to say... I'm just now getting to visit Richmond in many years and all of this development is amazing. I went down to Rocketts today after spending most of my work day getting caught up on all that was going on and all of that development along with Tobacco Row is just amazing. I hope if I ever move here I can afford to live there...

Also, I have no idea how you guys accomplish anything but thanks for giving me a place to stay up-to-date on all the stuff going on here!

Some more photos of Rockett's - all views from the Fall Line building.

Future building site

542423111_707f0bfc8d.jpg

Skyline shot from the Fall Line building

542313514_5567faf5ea.jpg

Shot below is from the 4th floor - not as good a view as higher floors.

542313382_6be8fa5960.jpg

More skyline...

542313190_99e63f6700.jpg

542422637_f36939a564.jpg

View up the tracks

542423027_9ca3e46c67.jpg

Skyline Building

542313334_090785f8a4.jpg

Another view from the 4th floor of Fall Line

542422853_b5ee36becf.jpg

This is a two story atrium in one of the penthouse condos. What a view!

542422809_7a3dd002b7.jpg

Looking back into the atrium from the previous picture - taken from the adjoining condo

542422657_dcc4edc007.jpg

Skyline Building

542422593_fa507d2f72.jpg

Parking deck and future retail with residential above. Connected to Cedar Works by the skybridge in one of the previous photos posted.

542422541_362461f69f.jpg

542422513_315aaa9922.jpg

I screwed up taking a drive-by picture, so I don't have one to show, but there are large banners advertising a phase of Rockett's Landing which will include shops, restaurants, offices, etc... west of the current phase. We've discussed it before, I've just not seen banners for it. Also, it appears that work has begun on gutting this building

The building that Cadeho pictured is suppoed to be a restaurant. I think it is a great building for such use, except for the steep, narrow staircases. When I was in there last month, the top floors were clear, except for some contractor's items, and the Richmond Boat Club still had equipment in the basement (I would not proceed to the basement as long as their stuff was down there). The old brewery is along the river/tracks between Fall Line and Skyline, but closer to Fall Line (the southern most condo tower).

As Icetera pointed out earlier, this building will be restaurant space. Actually, there will be two - one upstairs and one down.

Edited by CommRE

CommRE, thanks for those great pictures. Wish I could print them without having to do the entire Rocketts landing thread. I'm having dinner and seeing a show tomorrow night with the owner of one of the Fall Line penthouses and would love to show them. What a skyline view they are going to have from their balcony!

I wish the rail could be used as a trolley line between Rocketts and Great Ship Lock.

CommRE, thanks for those great pictures. Wish I could print them without having to do the entire Rocketts landing thread. I'm having dinner and seeing a show tomorrow night with the owner of one of the Fall Line penthouses and would love to show them.

Burt - they are on flickr. See if this link doesn't get you there...

Rockett's Landing

Simply amazing views and pics!

That railway is still in use by the Lehigh people... they have an engine that comes around to move their cars... I don't know how it never derails since the line on Water and Wharf streets is in pretty bad shape. But I have seen it chug up there. If the tracks go, then I guess Lehigh would too.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah they're trying really really ahrd with that marketing. There are billboards all over and they've taken out ads in the paper, and they had a booth at Rock the Boat... where I heard the rep say they were safer there than anywhere else in the city except the far west end.

Yeah they're trying really really ahrd with that marketing. There are billboards all over and they've taken out ads in the paper, and they had a booth at Rock the Boat... where I heard the rep say they were safer there than anywhere else in the city except the far west end.

Cam, I thought you said earlier that it was a volunteer behind one of the vendor stands who made that comment. If it was actually a rep of Rocketts Landing, he/she should be severely reprimanded, IMO.