Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

This will actually be the city owned marina (apparently separate from Rocketts Landing) and will be 'attached' to Rocketts.

DSC08908.jpg

The land showed above this area is a new development in the works, owned by the city. It is an area to be called Fulton Bottom, which will feature mostly commercial and office space. Expect more high rises in the City of Richmond portion of Rocketts, and some in the Fulton Bottom area. Note this, Fulton Bottom is still in planning stages, expect to hear news of this area.

mpdv3.png

1. Rocketts Landing <construction stages>

2. City of Richmond Marina (city owned) <demolition stages>

3. Fulton Bottom (city owned and zoned for mainly commercial and office space) <planning stages>

What is the tall white building on the left side of the rendering?

The Mayor's newletter, out today, discusses a new marina and the city expansion plans of Rocketts Landing. Mr. Wilder talks about this on video, but for anyone holding out hope for Echo Harbour high rise plans, you won't find any inspiration in his talk.

Edited by burt

Me and my other half were all ready to purchase a condo in the skyline building last fall. After reading the contract there were just too many variables on how the project will pan out. For example the sale of Lehigh that did not happen. The train tracks are still going right through the planned pool and clubhouse area. Plus a marina and yatch club was suppose to be built.

Edited by vascudder

mpdv3.png

1. Rocketts Landing <construction stages>

2. City of Richmond Marina (city owned) <demolition stages>

3. Fulton Bottom (city owned and zoned for mainly commercial and office space) <planning stages>

I can't believe I forgot this in my earlier description of Fulton Bottom. Expect some possible big box retailers :) The city is still in negotiations with anonymous companies...they'd like to have big stores in this area that 'don't look like stores.' I'm assuming that means an urban so and so. Stay tuned and keep and eye out for this project.

Anyone know whats up with the delay regarding the rumored new website? There has still been no update as far as I can tell and the current one seems a bit outdated... I hope they are not rethinking their time scale for development or anything like that.

Edited by mrd3b

If you want the most up to date info... check out their sales center... it's really nice and very informative. I was also wondering about the new website. I'm sure it's just a delay in the website design, and not indicative of the project. It has been very successful thus far.

Old Main is the name of the main thoroughfare through Rocketts Landing (left portion of photo above). The photo you posted is of the parking garage under construction. The third new construction condo building will wrap this side of the garage. The crane stays put.

Old Main is the name of the main thoroughfare through Rocketts Landing (left portion of photo above). The photo you posted is of the parking garage under construction. The third new construction condo building will wrap this side of the garage. The crane stays put.

Shakman, I feel like I had heard that Old Main Condos would be the name for the condo building that will wrap the parking deck... I know it will also be the name of the main thoroughfare as well though.

Edited by wrldcoupe4